Red-neck home-made pole holders

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forced2workborn2fish

Reaction score
I got these "flex-hose" brackets from work. I sat my pole in one and it works perfect as a pole holder. there is slack so the pole sits forward and the teeth grab the foam handle so it makes it harder to pull the pole out. I'm going to mount a couple on my 10 footer. I'll try to get some pic's up after their on.

does anyone else have home-made rod holders? I just figured since they were free I couldn't beat the price!!

Attachments

• poleholder.JPG
    poleholder.JPG
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,812
Made completely from scratch. :wink:

100_0002_2.jpg

100_0003_2-1.jpg

I can't take credit for the entire setup, but only for the mods I made to them. These rod holders came on another boat I had and I kept them when I sold it. The bases were screwed down all over the place on the other boat. I think there were 17 of the square ones like in the pics and there were like 9 smaller ones too. Anyway, I couldn't stand the thought of drilling that many holes in my new boat. The gunnel has a rail system that uses carriage bolts so I modified them with the help of my machinist and his lathe, by getting some round stainless 3/4" stock and boring it for a close tolerance fit so they would be strong when mounted with stainless carriage bolts and wing nuts to the gunnel. The rode holders and bases are all stainless except the curved part that holds the rods, which is aluminum. The biggest fish I've had pull on them so far was a striper about 15 lbs and it didn't budge.

Attachments

• CIMG2534.JPG
    CIMG2534.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 1,775
  • CIMG2539.JPG
    CIMG2539.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 1,775
  • CIMG2540.JPG
    CIMG2540.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 1,775
TrackerTom said:
I can't take credit for the entire setup, but only for the mods I made to them. These rod holders came on another boat I had and I kept them when I sold it. The bases were screwed down all over the place on the other boat. I think there were 17 of the square ones like in the pics and there were like 9 smaller ones too. Anyway, I couldn't stand the thought of drilling that many holes in my new boat. The gunnel has a rail system that uses carriage bolts so I modified them with the help of my machinist and his lathe, by getting some round stainless 3/4" stock and boring it for a close tolerance fit so they would be strong when mounted with stainless carriage bolts and wing nuts to the gunnel. The rode holders and bases are all stainless except the curved part that holds the rods, which is aluminum. The biggest fish I've had pull on them so far was a striper about 15 lbs and it didn't budge.

I like the idea of being able to move them around, nice setup 8)

Latest posts