Dyeguy's new boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Well I finally found the deal of the century! $1500 bucks gets me a 16ft Fisher MV Jon, with a 40 horse Mariner, 2 stroke oil injected. Both are 1993.

Here's the link to the original Craigslist posting. https://annarbor.craigslist.org/boa/1315587017.html

In case it gets deleted, I'll post up the ad and pics:

The boat and engine are both 1993. The Mercury Mariner Magnum 40 HP 2 stroke with oil injection has been mantained by Klaves Marina. The aluminum boat is a Fischer Netter and has a 2 year old depth finder/fish finder, 2 year old Minkota 20 lb anchor mate, and 2 newer AGM batteries. Boat has older bow mounted trolling motor (works great) that is also a Minkota. Boat has a bilge pump, and lights, and everything on the boat mechanically is 100%. The boat has two pedistal seats and one seat that is behind the console. The boat is 16' and comes with a good trailer (nothing to write home about, but it's a trailer). Also included are a motor cover, boat cover (both are universal/generic fit) and a solar charger for the trolling motor. This is not a tournament boat or a real beauty. It's a good basic boat that I'm letting go for a steal! I am very firm on the price, the first $1500.00 takes it. I can show the boat Tuesday and Wednesday after 5:00 and then I will be back in town Sunday afternoon. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME YOUR GOING TO SHOW UP AND THEN STIFF ME! CALL ME IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND OR YOUR WIFE WON'T LET YOU BUY IT!! The boat is docked at ford Lake in Ypsilanti. Email for additional pictures. Thanks for looking!

/end ad

I have lots of plans for this boat! first, I'm gonna put it up on CL and see if I can make double. :twisted:

If not, this is going to be one killer bass boat! I need a newer TM, but all is going to wait until winter/spring. I'm going to use it as is until the tree stand calls me away from the water..

I'd love to post more pictures of it, but I had to sell my digi camera to pay for the boat :cry:

Attachments

• covered.jpg
    covered.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 492
  • motor.jpg
    motor.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 492
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 492
  • full1.jpg
    full1.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 492
Forgot to mention. The seller also threw in the remainder of his slip rental. Its an hour and a half away, but its a free place to leave the boat for the weekend! :wink:

I probably will. Its worth a ton more than what I paid, so maybe I'd get lucky and buy me a new tracker...

but lets not get ahead of ourselves..

First on the mod list, figure out a way to get all the grime off this thing! This was the first year the seller stored it in the water, and man is it nasty. You can smell the boat 5 feet away... I guess a scraper and a quarter car wash will do the trick..

Thanks, I'm really happy with it.

For 1500 bucks, I really dont think it could have been a better deal. I got a hand full of other stuff with it:
transom saver, water muffs, solar charger, spare tire, fishing net (which I really needed), oar, fire extinguisher, air horn, plenty of flotation devices, and more I'm not thinking of.

Plus it was a stand up guy. He sent me an email thanking me and wishing me luck, which just goes to show some guys aren't complete arsewipes...

Congrats, man. If you can get 3k, sell it. But if I were you I'd wait until it was boat selling season again before I did so to make as much as possible.

Yeah I'm definitely waiting. The more and more I think about it, the more and more I'm convincing myself to keep it. Its not that pretty, but with a little work this spring, it'll be an awesome boat. It will let me set up the live well and storage exactly how I want it, along with electrical and battery placement.

I'll be seeking a ton of advice, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too much to handle. With the exisiting decks, it gives me a flooring for storage, not only allowing me to avoid putting 2x2s into the supports, but will make it true "dry storage". I'll have to check the capacity rating and what not, but I'm sure it can handle it. I'd just prefer to keep it light, to keep the speeds up :twisted:

I'll be bugging you guys with post after post of possible layouts, so get prepared.

Latest posts