Opening up a coverd bow.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrewCabMax

Reaction score
I have a Crestliner that i am slowly working out. I'm REALLY wanting to open up the bow of this boat, to make it a little more " fishing friendly ". It has alum covering the bow now, but i'm wanting to open it up. I have a pic, and you can kinda see what i'm talking about. Will it cause any problems if i cut out the aluminum that is covering the bow?? There are 2 alum stringers running uner the cover from side to side. I know its for support, but if i'm putting in a deck, do you think it will be ok?? I'm just wanting to add as much space as possible. Its not really all that easy to fish off the front of the boat right now, so i'm just trying to think outside the box. Let me know what you guys think! Here's the only pic i have of it right now, i would take more, buts its dark and i just got home. The seat has been removed, and i would like to extend the front deck from the seat to the front of the bow, at the same height as the seat was. The old helm has already been removed, right now, all i have is the alum sheeting.

PS All the rigging you see(the bass seat added THROUGH the bow cover with 2 pedistals stacked) was done by the previous owner. So I'm deffinitly going to have to cut some out of it, just want to maybe take out all of it!

014.jpg

could cause a little bit of flex, but it doesn't look like its covering to much of the bow :? tough call, if it was me I would cut it and if it has any flex add some bracing 8)

Latest posts