Hinges for decking

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mogfisher

Reaction score
I was just wondering what folks are using for hinges for the doors in their decking. I'm about to start decking my 1442 and would like to use a hinge that is not visible from the top but I'm not sure what to use. A stainles piano hinge seems the easiest but the top of the hinge will be visible and I don't want that if I don't have to. I'm going to go sift through some of the modded boats on here but I figured I'd ask too. Thanks for the info!

I actually planned to post this question later on! I need to find a bass boat to tear into to get to the bottom of this question, cause I hate seeing hinges and screws..

This place has great prices:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/mepages/pianohinge.php

I got 6 ft of aluminum hinge for 11 bucks.

those are the hinges I was trying to avoid but they really do seem to be the best fit for the application. i found some really nice fully hidden ones that are stainless but they are like 80 bucks each and you would need at least 2 per door. Not happening. So I guess it's gonna have to be stainless piano hinge. thanks for the input.

Latest posts