Bench Seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishfan

Reaction score
I am trying to find a good way to attach a seat to my jon boat bench that is secure for my 6 yr old. The regular clamping ones don't seem to hold too well. I don't want a tall pedestal for the middle seat, just something low. If it could be adjusted left and right that would be nice also. The benches are original and the corners are rounded. An help would be greatly appreciated.

No left to right movement but it's about as low profile for a seat mount as you are going to find.

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_16129_225008005_225000000_225008000_225-8-5

No left to right movement but it's about as low profile for a seat mount as you are going to find.

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 00_225-8-5

You could also use the pin style that way you could remove the seat when not using the boat. Its going to put you up about 3" or so higher than the swivel base.

580-982-00.jpg

580-984-00.jpg

fishinchef said:

https://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 00_225-8-5

You could also use the pin style that way you could remove the seat when not using the boat. Its going to put you up about 3" or so higher than the swivel base.

580-982-00.jpg

580-984-00.jpg

This is what I did for my seats.

the swivels arnt designed to be mounted w/out the pedistol so they can be a pain to install. i had to put the bolts threw the bottom, screw the swivel to the seat, then try and get all 4 bolts threw the onles in a 1x piece of wood to cover the bench. drill 4 holes in the bench for the bolts to go threw, and screw the wood down to the bench. after all that was done the seat is nice and low and very comfortable.

I used one of these bases. Installed the base first, without the seat attached. Basically, used a good bead of marine grade silicone on all surfaces and 4 large stainless metal screws (pre-drill pilot holes first). Let it sit for a day. Then I put the seat on top, wiggled the screws to attached the seat up into the holes in the seat and tightened them with a wrench. This has been on the boat for 8 years and has not needed tightening yet.

SeatBase.jpg

BenchSwivelSeat.jpg

Do the quick releases they sell for the swivels work very well? I may just use one of those and attach a board to the bench and then screw the release and seat to the board. Then if it is just me going I can put a 7" pedestal in the release and fish from the front.

irishfan said:
Do the quick releases they sell for the swivels work very well? I may just use one of those and attach a board to the bench and then screw the release and seat to the board. Then if it is just me going I can put a 7" pedestal in the release and fish from the front.

They last for about 3 fishing trips... the ones I have on my pond beater are torn to pieces, and depending on which way you are fishing when you set the hook, you are liable to slide that puppy right out of the bracket.

If you are putting your kid in it and you really want safe, I would go with the pin pedestal like is mentioned above. You can put the base in with Self Tapping screws and that's it.

Went with the pin pedestals. Came up with some 1/2" plastic sheathing to attach to the top of the bench. I will carpet the sheathing first then attach it to the top of the bench. Will then drill holes and attach the seat to it. The best part is they won't rot. Should be good for a looooonnnnggg time.

Latest posts