removing seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunny146

Reaction score
Need some help on removing the seats in an old 1432 jon. I want to remove the benches and replace them with 13 in pedestals. I need to know what to do to keep the boat from folding up. I trying to make it an open platform with a floor and s short front deck, but I'm not sure how to get that done.

First off welcome!

Do a search on here, there are several who have taken their seats out and several different ways to brace the boat. Look at Buffords as he left the seat in and used it as a support. Take some pics to give us a better idea of what you want to do.

Welcome! post some pics of your boat so these guys can see what your working with. there is a lot of knowledge on this board someones bound to chime in soon an give you the answer your looking for. :mrgreen:

I would love to post pics of my skinny water fishing machines, but I don't know how. I actually scrapped the idea of removing the seats anyway and am going to go with a setup like bufford did. But I would like to post some photos of the boats. I can't do what I really want to either because both boats are made of really thin material, but I think they will be good practice for a larger vessel in the future. By the way on is a 1228 and the other is 1432. The 1228 is a one man band, I do not feel like it could handle 2 people and gear. Both boats have very short sides. I haven't measured the 14 but the 12 only has 12 in tall sides.

Latest posts