Tin Boats Biggest Loser

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting weight this am - 245

Goal weight - 175

Want to do this by Thanksgiving 08.

Started the diet this morning and was going to get out and run this morning, but it snowed last night and was 9 degrees so I decided to stay in the garage and work on a trailer instead.

Alright one week in the books. Weighed in this morning at 237. I am sticking with the diet and I already feel a lot better. I am also going to start the beginning running program this evening. Hopefully with that program I can stick with it.

I weighed myself this morning.....272.3

Im big boned and very muscular :shock:

Seriously I think I started this when I was 310-315. The daily plate is kicking *** because I dont feel like Im dieting at all. Just not going over my calorie count. I set it up to only lose 2 pounds a week, and Im averaging 3-4.

:D

Zman said:
Are you guys following and special diets or meal plans?

Zman, I am not. I found a website called thedailyplate.com. I put in my info, and chose that I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week. IT comes up with a calorie amount per day, and I do not exceed it. You can track all your foods, there database is huge! You can even add your own items. I have been eating whatever I want and I have dropped close to 40 pounds already. I had cheeseburgers, pizza, cookies. The secret is to track the calories faithfully everyday (PITA) but as long as you do not exceed, it works.

When I started this Oct 22, 2007 I could eat 2300+ calories a day. Now Im down to 2165.

Obviuosly the healthier the foods, the more you can eat, but this way I dont crave anything because I just eat it. IF you exercise You can track that too and then it adds on those calories so you can eat even more.

First time ever a "diet" has worked for me. Its just a numbers game. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie.

Jim said:
Zman said:
Are you guys following and special diets or meal plans?

Zman, I am not. I found a website called thedailyplate.com.

Awesome tip man, I'm checking the site now.

Fishin NJ said:
I am watching heavily what I eat. I stick to lean items, chicken, fish, good pork(once in a while). No soda, Not much juice, some OJ or apple juice in the morning. Other then that 3+ liters of water per day. I try to brake it down to 5 meals per day.

Thanks NJ, I've read some about 5-meal a day plans. Right now I eat two, a big lunch around 3 p.m. and dinner at 9. It's terrible, I know.

I am just trying to make more healthy choices and cut out all bread (it is my downfall). Main thing that is helping is eating less and eating dinner earlier in the evening and no late night snacks. I am trying to drink plenty of water throughout the day.

Fishin NJ said:
Zman feel free to join in, the more folks involved the better!! Post some stats up and enjoy the ride!!

Thanks, I think I'll be joining soon. Gotta get motivated first!

Jim said:
I weighed myself this morning.....272.3

Im big boned and very muscular :shock:

Seriously I think I started this when I was 310-315. The daily plate is kicking *** because I dont feel like Im dieting at all. Just not going over my calorie count. I set it up to only lose 2 pounds a week, and Im averaging 3-4.

:D

No progress this week. :cry:

Same weight......

Jim said:
Weighed myself this morning because I will be leaving tonight.

Previous 272.3
This week Weight 268.8

Down from last week: 3.5 LBS.

Pretty psyched. \:D/

**** Jim - you are gonna waste away to nothing. :shock:

Do you feel the loss, I remember when I gained a bunch of weight and then lost it, after the 1st 5 -10lbs I could really feel a difference.

My weight loss program was to cut carbs way down and wade the rivers catching smallies! Worked perfectly, I lost about 25 lbs in a few months

I feel waaaay better. Breathing is easier (you would all be surprised). My back does not hurt anymore. I am more alert, awake, motivated. I will be ready for summer LOL!

Latest posts