Anyone out there play guitar?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparkbr

Reaction score
not sure if any of you out there play guitar or not, but here are a few of my latest projects.

Hand built copy of a 1958 Fender Deluxe - 5E3 - It's not quiet finished, but I'm hoping to have it done tonight for it's first trial.
1201091740a.jpg
1201092351a.jpg

Hand built aluminum hollow body for my 'tele
1028090725b.jpg
1101092100a.jpg

The Aluminum 'tele next to my first homemade amp (based loosely on a fender champ)
1111090642a.jpg

Homemade tube screamer
1122092023a.jpg

Captain Ahab said:
That is some awesome stuff - I plink around a great deal - mostly to the dismay of my family and neighbors

I know what you mean, I finally had to build an attenuenator for that marshal cabinet when I have my tube amp plugged in. It just gets too loud by the time you have the amp cranked up enough to get the good distortion out of it.

I am going to start learning to play. I bought a cheap Peavey electric with 5watt amp. Its tuned and it holds a tune pretty good. I also have a Fender acoustic. I asked Santa-wife for lessons.

I built a "little smokey" amp but it has a high pitched squeal to it. I think I need to add a gain pot. or something to the circuit. I built the amp in a small computer speaker, put the jack on the front with an LED and a on/off toggle switch on top. runs off a 9volt battery.

cyberflexx said:
I am going to start learning to play. I bought a cheap Peavey electric with 5watt amp. Its tuned and it holds a tune pretty good. I also have a Fender acoustic. I asked Santa-wife for lessons.

I built a "little smokey" amp but it has a high pitched squeal to it. I think I need to add a gain pot. or something to the circuit. I built the amp in a small computer speaker, put the jack on the front with an LED and a on/off toggle switch on top. runs off a 9volt battery.

That amp sounds pretty cool. Got any pics?

Here ya go...

Uses this Schematic, but I added a LED and Switch..

Attachments

• IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    722.3 KB · Views: 2,740
  • Smokey.gif
    Smokey.gif
    7.6 KB · Views: 2,740
That's very similar to the tube screamer, just in a stripped down version. Looks like it uses the opamp for gain only. I like it.

maybe a variable cap between pin 1 and 8. I think a .47uf cap might work as well, not sure.
Maybe get more power out of it by stepping up the voltage to 12volts with a wall adapter.

The Little Smokey amp also has an output and this one doesnt. The Little Smokey will actually drive a 4x12 cabinet and rock pretty good. Check you tube for Little Smokey amp videos.

I love to play the Guitar. Good to see the Guitar pictures here in this post. All the Pictures are really interesting.

shouldn't that tele be on the tinaxe website? :D how does it sound? It looks awesome!

Crankworm said:
shouldn't that tele be on the tinaxe website? :D how does it sound? It looks awesome!

Hahahaha, nice, and thanks. It sounds great, hard to describe the tone change, almost like it broadened the range of tone rather than just a brighter tone. My uncle has been playing in a local blues band since his teens and wants me to build another for him, but mount a tube screamer and a delay pedal inside the guitar. The plan is to put the pedals on mini toggle switches, then have trim pots inside for the tone/gain/level/delay. It'll probably be a month or two before I start that one though.

Well, haven't worked on it for awhile, but I finally got the Fender deluxe mounted inside a cabinet.

0222101856a.jpg

Attachments

• 0222101856b.jpg
    0222101856b.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 2,689
I haven't played much since I got married, but here's mine just after I bought it about 5 years ago.
MyNewGuitar009.jpg

I play quite a bit still. Not like I used to when I was playing in bands, but it's something I will likely never give up. My 3 month old daughter absolutely LOVES it when I plug in and play her songs...

Anyway, here is a video of my band from a few years back doing a metal version of Micheal Jacksons "Beat It". The vocals are a bit shaky, but you get the idea. I am the guitarist with the Les Paul that plays the Van Halen solo in the video. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQCOM6kDusE

I started playing bass when I was about 13, I took some starter lessons that's gave me a good foundation then ran off with it from there.
After that I started screwing around with the guitar. I bought a chord book, learned a couple songs and kinda built up from there.
I played in a band for about 2 years, now I just play ata the house and whwnever there is a bonfire.

Here they are...
The accoustic is a samick acoustic/electric. (Bonfire guitar)
The bass on the left is a music man olp stingray. This is what I learned on
About a year ago I striped it down and repainted it and bought new pickups for it
The other bass is my baby... Epiphone thunderbird..I seen her hanging on the wall
In the music store and fell in love.

Attachments

• IMG00028-20100522-1202.jpg
    IMG00028-20100522-1202.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 1,966
Yep, I played in a bar cover band professionally for three years in the 80's (big hair and spandex :oops:) before coming to my senses and going to university! Don't play much these days (any spare time I have is spent fishing) but I still have my guitars: 1973 Tobacco Sunburst Les Paul and 1985 Kramer Pacer (from when they were still made in the US). I have a small Marshall solid state/tube amp that sounds amazing.

I still play 1-2 hours every night before bed. My way of relaxing....but it does make for late nights. My usual gig is at church for the last 10 years, and about 2 years ago, I agreed to play mass at the church I grew up in. About the only thing that it keeps me from doing is fishing, so it's not too bad. I can still take off whenever I want....I just don't that often.

I play mostly acoustic in church, but I play electric too for the youth group retreats. That's always a lot of fun a couple times a year. I also play keys on occasion, and sing a lot. I've been blessed with a natural self taught gift from God....not to mention great gear!

Here are a few pics of my babies. (I don't have pics of my strats...hmmm, I wonder why I've not done that yet???)

Attachments

• 70GibsonJ50ADJ0004.jpg
    70GibsonJ50ADJ0004.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 1,952
  • Collings C10 Deluxe_photobucket.jpg
    Collings C10 Deluxe_photobucket.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 1,952
  • 814CE_2002 0004.jpg
    814CE_2002 0004.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 1,952
  • Nash Tele 0005.jpg
    Nash Tele 0005.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 1,952
  • PedalBoard_2.jpg
    PedalBoard_2.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 1,952
I am living proof that you can't teach an old dog. I am struggling along but am determined to learn to play an instrument before I kick off. I've been taking lessons since February and have a very kind teacher who gives me encouragement despite the fact that I've got no native talent. In addition, I am a lefty which adds a whole other lever of complexity (I can't even go to a music store to buy a left-handed thumb pick). I have a six string acoustic/electric and an electric; both are Ibanez (not many for a lefty to choose from). I am really interested in blues but my world tour is quite a ways off yet. My friend tells me that you can only get better. I hope he's right. I was going to reward myself for my 60th birthday this year with a Martin OM1 but I have to work a lot harder first.

P1012182.jpg

Latest posts