Duracraft finished

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice looking boat. the acces hole at the transom looks really small,were you going to run a small gas tank or just use a trolling motor? again,nice job with the metal framing.

bluecat said:
were you going to run a small gas tank or just use a trolling motor?

A 3 gallon gas tank fits through the rear hatch. I put the switch box for the bilge and lights in the hatch mounted to the back of the rear bench seat so there is just enough room to squeeze the tank in there.

Love the floors! How is the Hydro-Turf holding up? I think I might go that route.

JBoze said:
Love the floors! How is the Hydro-Turf holding up?

So far, so good. Unfortunately, I've only had the boat out 3 times. There does not appear to be any fading in the sun. After fishing, I've stopped at a car wash and the dirt, fish scales, etc. washed off easily.

Kurt

hamar507 said:
Very impressive boat you got there. Was the Hydro turf hard to work with? It looks like it is a little thicker than carpet.

Thanks. It was easy to work with, but my brother helped me out. We used Weldwood Contact Cement to glue it down. We brushed a coat on the HT and one on the aluminum. When dry to touch, we laid it in place. You need to make sure you place it down properly as it ain't coming up without some foam remaining stuck to the contact cement. It is about 3/16" thick. I think HT varies in thickness depending on which one you order.

Kurt

Great job! What thickness aluminum did you use on the floor and decks? What size square tubing is that? Were any of the braces welded in place, or is everything riveted?

270Handiman said:
Great job! What thickness aluminum did you use on the floor and decks? What size square tubing is that? Were any of the braces welded in place, or is everything riveted?

Thanks. The aluminum plate was ~1/8". The tubing is 1/8" thick 1 1/2" square tubing. It was all riveted. The only place I question not welding is the joint where the sides meet the floor. I'd like to have a bit more security there in the even that the sides flex. I haven't noticed any flex though. The top of the sides were riveted with 1/4" solid rivets like used in the hull. No chance of that edge coming loose.

Kurt

Kurt, what size hatches did you use? Where did you get them in black at? I like your design and figure I would incorporate it in mine as well. Thanks.

The hatches are Tempress hatches. I can't remember if I bought them from Great Lakes Skipper from their website or from their store on ebay. I think I bought them direct. Just compare the website vs. ebay. The prices are a bit different. They were the cheapest source I could find. It may take me a day or two to get the dimensions for you. If I don't respond here in a few days, send me a PM/email to remind me.

Kurt

Latest posts