Hydro turf or carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamar507

Reaction score
I enjoy this forum and am impressed with all the modifications. Is there anyone out there who has had hydro turf on their boat for several seasons? I am wondering how it holds up compared to carpet and once it is installed what is the up keep. I have some on a personal watercraft installed by the factory for the footrests but it doesn't take the wear and tear like it would on a boat. IS it worth the added cost?

I dont know the answer but in my opinion anything is better then carpet. I hated my flooring after I used carpet, it stinks and gets dirty. The wife didnt like walking into the garage and smelling fish. I would bypass the hydra turf as well and roll the floors in a bed liner type material.

I should add that if all your bracing and flooring is aluminum, carpet would be ok because you could rinse the boat out really good, with my flooring being wood its not wise to soak that. My next project will be all aluminum and rolled in Grizzly Grip or Durabak.

Hydroturf is much less upkeep than carpet and also much easier to keep clean.

I know several guys that are using it in their duck hunting boats and every one of them loves it. If it can hold up to the punishment that a dedicated duck boat gets, it has to be good stuff.

thanks, the bottom of my boat is still aluminum except for the battery tray which is 2' by 40" at the very front of the boat. I plan on using the hydro turf on the benches and the middle floor.

Latest posts