everything steelflex

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a few posts in this thread about quantity. In both my builds I bought a gallon and it was more than enough to do the entire boat. I didn't go all the way up the sides but I had more than enought left over to complete the job.

I also see some questions about spraying it on. I believe you can only spray the teflon version......Although being as thick as it is I don't see how you could spray it without gumming everything up. I used a 4" foam roller(like 10 or 12 of them since you really have to push it around hard).

Nussy said:
I see a few posts in this thread about quantity. In both my builds I bought a gallon and it was more than enough to do the entire boat. I didn't go all the way up the sides but I had more than enought left over to complete the job.

I also see some questions about spraying it on. I believe you can only spray the teflon version......Although being as thick as it is I don't see how you could spray it without gumming everything up. I used a 4" foam roller(like 10 or 12 of them since you really have to push it around hard).

How much was this? 47 plus shipping plus pigment?

Has anyone used this stuff?

I am thinking of taking out my floor boards and coating the inside of the boat to seal any pinhole leaks and to strengthen the hull.

https://www.glazecoat.com/Coat%20it.htm

How about spraying on rhino liner etc. Is it or the above flexible enough for an aluminum boat?

What about Gluvit?

https://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/Fiberglass_Epoxy_Resin-TRAVECO_GLUV_IT_EPOXY_SEALER.html

thanks in advance.

Really surprised Tinboats hasn't partnered with Steel Flex in some cpacity. An official sponsor and maybe a discount of some sort. Seems like a lot of us have used this stuff with great success.

ober51 said:
Really surprised Tinboats hasn't partnered with Steel Flex in some cpacity. An official sponsor and maybe a discount of some sort. Seems like a lot of us have used this stuff with great success.

I think the problem is that they are still living in the stoneage, so forum sponsorships probably aren't a top priority. I mean they don;t even offer online ordering, or ordering with a credit card.

Plus, they don;t have to offer a deal when they know you'll pay full price :?

ober51 said:

Reality is we are probably .0000001% of their business.

Troutman3000 said:
Anybody got some intructions sheets on how to order this stuff? I want to prepay but what types of payment do they take?

Jason
just call and place your order and send a check. they will ship product when they receive your payment.

stew6371 said:
Troutman3000 said:
Anybody got some intructions sheets on how to order this stuff? I want to prepay but what types of payment do they take?

Jason
just call and place your order and send a check. they will ship product when they receive your payment.

Olive Drab or Black? Which will hide the dents better?

Didn't read if you're doing the whole boat, or just the bottom. If it's the whole boat, I would not use black. Bugpac did his whole boat out of the Olive, and it turned out good. If you have a color in mind, you can have a paint store shoot you whatever colorant you want.

IMO, black shows more dents than any other color.

Brine said:
Didn't read if you're doing the whole boat, or just the bottom. If it's the whole boat, I would not use black. Bugpac did his whole boat out of the Olive, and it turned out good. If you have a color in mind, you can have a paint store shoot you whatever colorant you want.

IMO, black shows more dents than any other color.

Thats what i thought. I changed and went with the drab. I figured I could probably do the entire outside of the boat and skip painting it. That seems more feasible for my time and money given that I wont need additonal painting supplies and most have a lot left over once they do the bottom.

J

Troutman, how much are you ordering? I did mine cod, It cost 9.00 more or something, but was much easier for me than sending the check etc.. I need about 1/2 pint to fix a few spots on my boat..

Bugpac said:
Troutman, how much are you ordering? I did mine cod, It cost 9.00 more or something, but was much easier for me than sending the check etc.. I need about 1/2 pint to fix a few spots on my boat..

I was getting a gallon and plan on doing the entire outside of the boat. I plan on sending in the check because I have some time to wait while it gets welded. I can work on a lot of things until it comes in. Im not sure if I will have any left over or not. You can use some for your touch up if you take me to some of your fishing holes/

Latest posts