New Guy First Tin Tracker 1232 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nightsterman

Reaction score
Hey Yall Well I finally got my fist jon its a 1232 tracker. The plan is to frame out a front deck with aluminum. Add a rear deck. A few starage compartments, and some fancy dancy lights, carpet and a few seats. I building in a spot in the front deck for my cooler. front deck will also have a hatch to access storage under. Ill have a power box for all my electrical goodies, mounted by the back seat. So if you have any questions feel free I stare at this good ol web site everyday. Oh yeah i alson got a 35lb motor, a 2hp suzuki motor and a crappy trailer for 750 greenbacks, Ive already redone the trailer but Forgot to take pictures before i put the boat back on it. I still have a few little things like mounting the winch and fenders.
DSCN0546small.jpg

DSCN0547small.jpg

This is a idea of what its gonna look like complete
Topper-1232-Riveted-Jon_img4218_700.jpg

=D> Welcome aboard!
Nice find you got there, lots of potential. Good job on the trailer so far... Lots of work =D>

Are you decking to the top of the benches? If so, it might be a little tippy. Or a lot tippy :lol:

I had a 1432 and it was perfect with floors in it, but anything higher would have led to me getting wet at some point. Might want to try standing on your benches and fishing, to make sure its going to be safe.

Either way, hope everything goes well. Welcome to tinboats.

All the decking will be even with the top of the benches.. I agree with you about it being tippy, the decking is really for storage and a clean look if i stand up it will be on the floor whick is only going to be 1 1/2 higher than the bottom of the boat. As far as my seats go I have the springfield Hi Lo system I would venture to say 90% of the time the seat will only be 4" above the original bench height. Thanks for the Responses

Well I got alittle work done this weekend I got all the from work except a few verticle support on the front Deck. Hopefully this week I can getr some progress made I have to go out of town for a few month starting saturday.
DSCN0560small.jpg

DSCN0559small.jpg

DSCN0558small.jpg

This a nice addition, Welcome. A word of caution 1232 ( I had 2) make a temporary plywood deck, just rough, screw it on, take the boat to some water, then just stand up there with a rod and swing away. You are planning a nice build, 1232 is narrow, you will change your mind on the high deck, I garantee, go with a similar design then Bufford on this site. Just my opinion.

well I made alittle progress tonight. I still have one more hatch in the back to carpet. I installed four little led lights in the side panels for lighting, they arent real bright just enough so i can see My tackle night.
DSCN0563small.jpg

https://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/nightsterman/DSCN0562small.jpg[/img

[img]https://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a479/nightsterman/DSCN0561small.jpg

DSCN0562small.jpg

Oh I forgot to take pics of the zuki I will do it next time I work On the Boat. As for standing on the deck and fishing I wont be......I do NOT plan on standing up there, I built the deck so the boat has a clean look to it and provides me with plenty of storage under. Thanks for the Responses

Thanks for all the responses Im glad ya'll approve. the sides actually fit very tight, I will be adding Face panels to the benches that will ensure the side panels stay in place.

Ok well I didnt get but a few min to work tonight, But I got the pictures of the motor. as requested. I havent looked up any info on this little guy so if you know anything about it please feel free to share. Im off to maryland Saturday morning, so Im hoping to get the front panel done tomarrow.

DSCN0564small.jpg

DSCN0565small.jpg

DSCN0568small.jpg

DSCN0569small.jpg

ok I got the front deck completely done and decided to paint the inside of my starage area white so its easier to find stuff at night. also took closeup pic of my hatch and all the crap i still have to do when i get back from Maryland. Leaving in the morning so no more boat work for two months.. now that sucks..

DSCN0571small.jpg

DSCN0572small.jpg

DSCN0573small.jpg

DSCN0572small.jpg

Latest posts