Things are heating up!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyeguy1212

Reaction score
Close to 85 degrees today.. water was still a little chilly, but things are heating up in a big way. Caught 3 keepers, the first of which was this one (on my third cast).

Lake Orion, 4/15/10

White/Chart Chatterbait with white split-tail trailer... and on my new carbonlite rod, 7'M

Attachments

• IMAG0095.JPG
    IMAG0095.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 165
  • IMAG0096.JPG
    IMAG0096.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 165
Nice fish.

What are the water temps up there?

My fishfinder isn't installed yet, but the info I've gotten at the boat launch tells me the main lake was in the low 50's, and the coves were low 60's at most.

I caught that fish right in between, so I'd guess the water was around 55

Well I went out today and my reels still worked despite it not being bass season, so I went with it :wink:

Reminds me of the time Homer Simpson tried driving even though he didn't have his license, and he thought it was a miracle his car started :lol:

I'm normally a law abider, but I don't see the harm in catching a few fish early. I put em back in the water nice and easy.. no harm no foul :D

Nice ones DG, I sure wish they'd make it catch and release til May 1 here in WI. I can take seeing the southern boys catchin the bass, but when I see the yanks gettin um I start jonesin. I still have to clean and load my boat yet. Hopefully that'll get done this weekend.

Angrybob - I hear you on catch and release - it would make the spring time easier to take. I went to Frame park yesterday and saw 3 people fishing for muskie/pike. They kept telling everyone "Rivers are open year round". IDIOTS. There are signs posted all around the park by the wardens telling them that fishing is closed till May 1st. The river is full of carp (I think it's carp) right now - hundreds of them!

On the other hand, I thought that the Mississippi was open year round, but don't quote me on that. Someday I'm going to drive over there and try out the fishing.

wasilvers said:
Angrybob - I hear you on catch and release - it would make the spring time easier to take. I went to Frame park yesterday and saw 3 people fishing for muskie/pike. They kept telling everyone "Rivers are open year round". IDIOTS. There are signs posted all around the park by the wardens telling them that fishing is closed till May 1st. The river is full of carp (I think it's carp) right now - hundreds of them!

On the other hand, I thought that the Mississippi was open year round, but don't quote me on that. Someday I'm going to drive over there and try out the fishing.

I was there yesterday around 5:30pm or so. Walked over by the dam too and the walkway across the street. There are certain lakes that are open before the season, like the wolf river system lakes butte des mortes, poygan etc. I'm surprised to hear of the closing signs in Waukesha, must be within the city limits I guess. That's a new one on me. I saw a guy tossin a lure just above the dam the other on thurs too.

nathanielrthomas said:
dyeguy1212 said:
White/Chart Chatterbait with white split-tail trailer... and on my new carbonlite rod, 7'M

Hey Dyeguy, how do you like that Carbonlite? I was thinking about getting one.

I love it. I'm a huge fan of maximizing the amount of exposed blank on a rod, so this was right up my alley. Its really comfortable, and not a lot of threads are exposed when a reel is put on it, so its comfortable to put my index finger on it.

All in all its like it was custom made for me, other than the stupid pattern they put on the grips. I really suggest buying one. They're 10 bucks off right now.

Latest posts