New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys,
My name is Mike and I live in central New Jersey. I have a 1984 14 foot Lowe Superior V powered by a 1994 Johnson 9.9, and, a Minn Kota 65mx 28lb thrust trolling motor. I mostly fish 2 local Reservoirs that are restricted to 10 hp or less. Mostly a Bass fisherman I am learning to catch the trout (lakers, browns, rainbows, and tigers). This forum is really nice and I think you all do a great job!
This is a link for my youtube video running across a local lake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9NfkwVYx0E

Attachments

• Trans.JPG
    Trans.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 411
Hey yall, Ive been looking around on the forums for a while but wanted to finally introduce myself.

well Im a college student going for my business degree. almost 21 (in December), and a first time boat owner. between saving for classes and book i was able to fund a nice 14ft flatbottom. it has a 7.0 Sears ted Williams on it, trolling motor 2 seats and a few leaks, but she's a blast.

Im going to do a build thread once i have some time on my hands, but at least my steelflex comes in today haha, all 1 gallon of it. :LOL2:

well here are things im going to do to upgrade the boat (somewhat in order)

Steelflex.
rebuild the inside (deck, seat, flooring, storage etc..)
add flotation boxes (cant seem to find any info on these)
larger motor.
steering console.
then a new truck/jeep =P~ :D

any other suggestions?

-kriegersa

PS: i guess i forgot to mention that I live in Madison Al. so i have some pretty darn good fishing spots. Gunterville is only one :)

Attachments

• 0319001509.jpg
    0319001509.jpg
    480.5 KB · Views: 773
Hello everyone my name is Josh. I am 26 years old and live in northeast Ohio. I have been in the U.S. Army for 8 years now. I am currently on my second deployment to Iraq. Hopefully getting out of here soon. I have 2 old boats. I got a 14ft aluminum Sea Nymph that was my grandpas. I would love to fix it up but i think the bottom is just worn too thin. Way to many little holes. I also have a 12ft lund that i am planning to turn into a nice little lake boat. I have been reading a lot of threads this year and have received many ideas. As soon as i am home and working on the boat i will post up a thread of the progress. I am also open to any ideas anyone has. I just want to put a floor in it (cause i hate sitting with my feet on an angle, stupid bad joints thanks to the Army), a bow mount trolling motor and 2 swivel seats( i mainly fish electric only lakes). Well i will stop rambling, so glad to be a part of this site.

Hey Guys, found this site after getting my first boat, a 12' v bottom aluminum from Des Moines. I have been working on it like crazy to get out asap this summer. will be posting pictures in the mod page. I also now own a 1960 Evinrude 5.5 hp fisherman which is almost done being rebuilt. I live in Lincoln NE and am going to law school in the fall.

Hello all!

My father recently gave me the family fishing boat as a gift. It's a 14' 1952 Alumacraft shallow-v. My great grandfather supposedly bought it brand new back in '52 to use as a life raft on his fishing vessel, which he eventually gave to my grandfather, who gave it to my father, who then gave it to me. It has seen heavy use every year it has been in our family, and is still straight as an arrow to this day. Growing up on a lake as a kid, I spent more time with my feet planted in this boat than on dry land! The original motor is long gone (stolen when I was a kid) so it now has a late 80's Johnson Seahorse 15hp tiller that runs like a top.

Anyway, I have always been in love with this boat, and since it is now mine to do with as I please, I have been scouring the net for ideas, and google brought me to Big Buck's build-out here on these forums. I have been pouring through everything I can on these forums for the last few days and I have to say: what a fantastic resource for this sort of thing, and I am glad to see it centered around such a thriving community of like-minded folks.

Really looking forward to being a part if it all! Kudos to whoever started this whole thing up. Rock on!

Howdy!

I never had a boat until I bought a 15' aluminum jon boat (Lowe '83) on Craig's List a couple of weeks ago. It has a 40 hp motor on it (Mercury '83) which I just had a mechanic put in working order (the starter bracket, apparently part of the engine casting, was broken and had to be welded. It needed a tune up, but little else. Unfortunately, I also paid for all new --side console-- steering and throttle controls, which I now realize I could have done myself.) I am looking forward to putting her in in a week or two, but I am a complete novice, and I feel lucky to have found this site. She still needs some wiring, which I intend to do, following the posts I see here. (livewells, bilge?, lighting, depthfinder, trolling motor, maybe a VHF, and so on)

Still getting the titles (boat and trailer) straightened out, too. But I think I have that under control.

When I figure out how to post a photo, I will. Looking forward to your sage advice and company.

Michael

P.S. I don't know if it's technically a jon boat. It has a flat bottom, but the bow comes to a point. If anybody wants to tell me what to call it, I'll be much obliged.

I couldn't think of anything interesting or clever to put in the signature block, so you will see simply...

Well I thought that i had posted here, but...... Hey michael here, great site and belated welcome to all! I'm from clay Alabama. My dad has a place on lay lake on the childersburge side...

Hay Guys,
I'm TCcanoe. The TC is for Top Cat. I live in Paris, Ky. I'm a simple guy that loves all things out-doors. I've got an Alumacraft 1470 MV with a 25 horse Yama tiller (1988) that will scoot. Like all my Tin Boat family, it's a work in progress. Since I've joined this long and thick thread, new ideas have come down on me like rain. How about a jon with all deck on top and some kind of rumble seat set up so when your under way you sit "in" the boat and when your fishing you cover the seat over with some sort of flip up deck? Oh well, a man can dream can't he?
I have a strong relationship with God. So I hope I won't have any trouble following the Tin Boat rules of communication. I would love to get one of the Tin Boat stickers so I can let my freek flag fly.
As my name/handle inplies, I have 3 (three) canoes and waders. I don't like crouds when I fish so the bigger the holiday the smaller the water you'll find me on.
I'm an open book but it's a short story. Thanks, [email protected]

Latest posts