$48,000 fishing trip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deadmeat

Reaction score
If you guys think your fishing trips are expensive think about this one:
https://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2010/jun/08/fishing-trip-costs-anglers-48000/

i agree cops should of checked and ticketed them on the first day, but i think them boys knew what they were doing

yall must have some good fishin up there to pull that many bass in 3 days

The introduction couldn't have contained anymore puns. Christ.

Sounds like they were some **** good fisherman.. I wish I could catch multiple limits of smallies...

I was at Erie PA last weekend on Presque Isle Bay and on our 2nd day we got checked, royally. Checked out live wells, checked EVERYTHING! Questioned us on tournament fishing and was just an ***. He then stalked us from a distance for about an hour and a half. He wasnt getting any donations from me!!! I was 100% legal. I guess I shouldnt have been wearing my bass club shirt..

Generating revenue and making a statement. Thats all they were doing. They should have nailed them when they first saw the violation. Most states have forfeiture statutes that allow the seizure of property in the commission of a felony. It used to only apply to drug or violent crimes but that changed about 10 years ago. Now LEOs can seize any property used in the commission of any felony. What these investigators did was give them plenty of time to rack up enough violations to warrant a seizure. And in doing so they have sent a message to all who might "tempt" fate when it comes to bag limits. So what was accomplished with this? They have re-enforced the level of awareness regarding bag limits. Generated some income. And made every angler in he region think that all their enforcement officials are a bunch of pricks.

I hate to hear stories like this. No real good ever comes from it.

I think that describes the difference between bending the rule and breaking the rule. We all bend rules here and there but these guys blatantly broke the rule. Not saying bending is ok but taking that many fish is rediculous especially on a great fishery like lake erie where you can catch many different species of good eating fish. Should they have stopped them the first day? Yeah probably but regardless now an example has been made of them and this should deter others from doing the same.

Latest posts