Maybe I Have Been I the dark.......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want a bio-diesel truck. If they spill a barrel of source material,, the birds eat it up, or it grows into more product. #-o

:LOL2:

perchin said:
and if your buisness could have the same effects on our great fishing, enviornments well being, and could effect millions of people. And you did not take the proper saftey steps, nor have an emergency plan of action in place in the event of this........ Than you should by all means be expected to do everything in your power to mediate the situation.... and if that means it costs you more than 75 million, too bad. Our family are also business owners..... I just meant that IT DON'T SEEM RIGHT TO BE ABLE TO CAP ACCOUNTABILITY.

That cap went out the window the moment the first death of a person was confirmed. I agree with the accountability and am not taking up for BP. But the contractors who was doing this for them should get equal heat as well. I think that all who had their fingers in the pie should pay. Which of course include our so called regulators from the government. In short, I believe they are doing as much as that can be done to fix it and I expect them to take care of all the fall out and those impacted by it. They can't afford to shun off their accountability nor do I expect them to.

Well, I'm watching the nightly news and it looks like today was the day the
hitsfan.gif
. It's all downhill from here and anyone who thinks that all is being done that can be done and we should just trust the arrogant @#$%*s who run the companies that did this, I have some coastal property in Arkansas I'd like to sell you. #-o

I was watching a CNN show, they were talking how BP could some how dissolve the company, which would mean there would be no more BP, thus putting the burden of the clean up and stopage of the leak on the tax payers.($$$$$$$). Can they do that?

hate me if you must but being a old time oil person,,I must play devils advocate here a little.In the first place ,no one has proved either negligence or wrong doing (yet).second,bp is NOT the only owner in this well,there are more,including the federal gov that makes BILLIONS of dollars off oil in the gulf.third ,to really understand what is happening here you need to have at least some knowledge of what they are talking about.The media niether has or wants to know ,its more newsworthy to show the poor birds.the 75 million cap was for cleanup,it goes into a general fund that all oil companies pay in case something like this happens.I think "o"lifted it,all lawsuits or whatever ,regardless how much, is on bp,no cap.In fact bp will have to pay the wages of the oilfield workers of every rig in the gulf that the federal gov shut down,including each and every service co.Even though they could be working.believe it or not,BP has done some pretty good things considering well is a mile deep,has ungodly pressures,and their working on something never done before.

okay, just a comment here, we own a gas station and talking about fee's and such that come out of everyones pockets, whenever a station buys a load of fuel we pay a "fee" that goes into a superfund in case of any type of spill, this is true of every gallon of gas or bulk petrolium product in the united states........this is just on the sales level and does not include any fees on shipping, production or other forms of distribution. when you start adding in city, county, state then federal tax's and fee's.......people do not realize just how much the gov regulates and controls the whole shebang.....so in my opinion the blame game we keep hearing should be shared upstairs a little more.... :|
Doc, like the smilies.....lol

Obama needs to release the order and let the foriegn ships come in. I think Unions are great for those that want them etc, dont get me wrong. But we need more ships out there cleaning, and its gonna take foriegn ships to do so... I myself will not stop buying from BP, they are not corporate owned, and realisticly anyone buying from total, Citgo, Flying J etc, are getting gasoline/diesel made via crude from a BP rig.. Its not like they refine there own crude for there stations specifically.. This is good that people talk of a bp boichot tho, as it is keeping the other greedy oil companies from raising prices to 4 or 5.00 a gallon and proffiting from others losses..

Latest posts