I now have a sponsor...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russ010

Reaction score
Just wanted to let you guys know of a company that I am now a pro staff member of - Sport Fishing Ventures Unlimited (SFVU). SFVU is a Christian based company, and that is one of the major reasons I decided to move forward with the decision to be sponsored.

I'm not in it for the glitz or glamor, but these guys have helped me out numerous times with bait and tackle needed in a short amount of time - not to mention finding a replacement Kistler rod that was no longer being made (all LTA Helium rods are split grips now, and I wanted a full grip). They are a full line wholesaler who carries products made by Yamamoto, Kistler, Quantum and McCoy Lines just to name a few. I will tell you this - I buy every Roboworm I can get my hands on from https://www.fishermensheaven.com]Fishermen's Heaven (one of their online retailers), and you will not find a cheaper price on these worms anywhere, especially if you buy their bulk packs like I do. And turn around time to being in the mail to you is generally the same day.

They give back to the community, something that I personally try to do - and I wanted to be involved with a company that does the same. I have talked to the Founder and CEO, Ian Godwin, many times on the phone - and you will not find a more down to earth person to talk to.

My biggest concern was that I am not a "big bass boat" fisherman, and I only fish tournaments in smaller electric-only waters. Mr. Godwin knew that is what I fish, and I think this brings us tinboaters a new parallel when we have a major company recognizing where today's economy has led us, and what it holds in the future.

If you ever have any questions regarding SFVU, please don't hesitate to contact me. Most guys on here know me, and have for quite some time - and they know that I will not hold anything back when it comes to baits I use, tactics, or even my "honey-holes", all you have to do is ask.

There are spots for Field Staff members, and if you are interested, shoot me a pm - or email me at [email protected], and I can fill you in on what to do. You can do it straight from their website, but contact me before you do it - I will let you know what all will be expected of you and to make sure you want to put forth the time and effort to learn what SFVU is all about. Their website is https://www.sfvu.com.

You can also enter in their monthly drawing here - https://www.sfvu.com/prodgiveaway.htm. You can get pretty good prizes from this as well. If you win, I do get a $10 gift certificate, but that's not what I'm doing this for. The SFVU referrer name is Russ Edwards.

Here is the excerpt from their website regarding the drawing:
"Each month, The SFVU Business Group will be giving away THREE (3) prize packs, of $75.00, $50.00 and $25.00 respectively. In addition, we will be awarding the individual SFVU retained pro staff member who referred you to the site a $10.00 Gift Certificate as well. Each prize pack is full of some of the most popular fishing tackle from our great team of represented manufacturers and is guaranteed to be valued at the dollar amount shown in MSRP dollars, which includes the cost of shipping as well. This give-away is open to anyone 18 years of age or older to enter and no purchase is necessary to be eligible to win. Drawings for the month will be conducted by no later than the 10th of the following month by a neutral independent team of witnesses. Participants are welcome to observe but winners need not be present. No employee, field staff member, “Your Own Fishing Biz” network partner or pro staffer of The SFVU Business Group are eligible to enter. Only one entry per individual per month will be allowed. All contact information given will be secured only for the purpose of awarding prize packs, unless you specifically state you would like further information regarding a specific program. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will SFVU ever sell your information to a third party."

It's pretty good - I don't get free stuff like maybe the bassmasters do, but I do get pretty good discounts - and believe me, every little bit helps

russ010 said:
It's pretty good - I don't get free stuff like maybe the bassmasters do, but I do get pretty good discounts - and believe me, every little bit helps

I hear ya there. Those Bassmasters didn't start by getting free stuff right from the get go, either.

Congrats. As much as you are on the water, and as many anglers as you are around, you are definitely the right person to pick for a sponsorship. =D>

Congrats.

russ010 said:

No offense, but can they be considered a "sponsor" if they are giving you nothing but a discount?

Some of those prostaff deals can be alright but many of them are just free advertising for a company that gets a heck of a lot more out of it than the pro(motional) staffers do. I know several guys that prostaff that don't get anywhere near what would equate to the same compensation at their regular jobs for the hours put in. Some of those guys would probably pay money just to say that they were on a prostaff, though. :mrgreen:

Congrats man! That's the best type of sponsor to have, next to the freebie kind. When you're ordering from someone almost constantly, a discount really helps out in the long run.

Quackrstackr said:
Congrats.

russ010 said:

No offense, but can they be considered a "sponsor" if they are giving you nothing but a discount?

Some of those prostaff deals can be alright but many of them are just free advertising for a company that gets a heck of a lot more out of it than the pro(motional) staffers do. I know several guys that prostaff that don't get anywhere near what would equate to the same compensation at their regular jobs for the hours put in. Some of those guys would probably pay money just to say that they were on a prostaff, though. :mrgreen:

no offense taken man - but the discount really pays for itself to me, especially when I didn't have to pay anything to be on their pro-staff. When you go through the amount of yamamoto plastics like I do, every little bit helps.

I had other sponsors that would have worked just fine for me, and I would have gotten free stuff -- but you have to pay to be on their pro-staff (I guess if you aren't in the FLW or BASS tour)... and that's not something I'm willing to do - especially for the amount you have to pay.

I've worked with this company (without knowing) for about 2 years now, and they have never let me down when I needed something.

cool man, gotta agree that websight is the best ive found for getting robos and other plastics fast (thanks to you :wink: )

and I think this brings us tinboaters a new parallel when we have a major company recognizing where today's economy has led us, and what it holds in the future.

agree, tinboats are the new fad :LOL2:

Latest posts