Ran into the tinboats AOY on the water yesterday.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quackrstackr

Reaction score
It is a small world and the internet makes it a whole lot smaller.

I ran into the tinboats 2009 angler of the year, JIGGY (jigster60) below Barkley dam yesterday. I don't know if it was my boat or my ugly mug that gave me away but from about 60 yards away he yelled "hey.. aren't you on tinboats.net?" :lol:

I was unsuccessfully trying to further reduce the invasive carp population and he was wearing out the stripers and white bass.

Super, super nice guy.

It was great talking to you, jigster.

(that's a nice rod that he won for AOY, too)

baseball_guy_99 said:
Quackr...I will be on Kentucky lake from Wednesday-Sunday. We will be staying at the Moore's. Where abouts on KY Lake are you?

I'm about 30 minutes south of there as the crow flies. We have been hitting the tailwaters of the dams pretty regularly shooting carp since it has been so hot and the fishing has somewhat slowed down.

Well I'd be dern......Ole Jiggy hasn't fished as much as usual been feelin punny but better now....So I decided to go with buddy below the dam at Barkley.... Had had some good luck catching some nice strippers and hybrids off the rock wall of the lock when....I see this nice looking camo triton tin boat with a 90 merc coming close up to the lock and I'm think I've seen that boat before and I remember Quack likes to bowfish....So I'm asking this young Davie Crockett looking strapper...aren't you on tinboats.net and I'd be dern if it wasn't Quack.....We talked several times during the afternoon what a fine young man and man does that Triton scoot too.....small world .....

JIGGY

Welp we just got back. We mainly go down there to swim, ski, tube, and ride the jet ski.

But my girlfriends brother brings his bass boat down so we got to do a little bit of fishing.

Friday morning we only caught one large mouth but we had plenty of opportunities to catch more. I was throwing a Ribbit Frog on a big flat when a biggun rolled up on it...set the hook and the line immediately snapped (30lb spiderwire). I missed a few more on plastic later in the morning. My girlfriends brother let a nice one get off on a Zara Spook and also one on a crank bait. He had a huge one roll on his buzzbait but set the hook too early.

Yesterday was our best day. We caught probably 15-20 bass. Caught a few smallies and one spotted. I had one that tipped the scales at 3lbs 5oz and my gf's bro had one right at 3lbs. We had 2 more that were right at keeper size(15").

This morning we only got the fish for about 2hrs. We had to pack our stuff to leave and check out :( We ended up catchin one nice smallie and 3 little pecker heads.

Latest posts