Best cut of Beef?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing beats a nice healthy ribeye steak just barely cooked on each side over a bed of charcoal basted with garlic butter, then topped off with mushrooms and onions sautee'd in butter and red wine. Finish off with a nice baked potato with butter and sour cream and a tall beer (or milk if you prefer), and you are pretty much dealing with the greatest meal ever. EVER I tell you!

I will have a nice plate of veggies grilled with a very light oil. I do not think it is right to eat any living thing...

Attachments

• grilled-mixed-vegetables-recipe.jpg
    grilled-mixed-vegetables-recipe.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 788
Well, I am a Chef, so dont listen to me..... Its hard to beat tenderloin, however taste is a lost art, do you know what a steak, tastes like? most people dont, they used to, but today everything is doused with bizarre spices, rubs, and marinates, all have a place of course, but if its beef you like to taste, my recomendation would be to go to a non commercial butcher, 95% of comercial beef is not grass fed anymore, ergo, the lack of taste. Grass fed beef, try it once, if you are over 30 Years old you will go" where did I taste that last? Middle school,! before Governement started to subidize corn, Today's Cattles are kept in pens, eating corn, then get slaugtered because they would expire in a few month anyway. Sorry to rain on your parade, but its what I do for a living.

What is the best piece of grilled beef? its a grass fed piece of Flat iron steak, a disrespected piece of meat really.

Salt, pepper, on the grill medium hot, till pink, then eat as a piece or cut up in strips, squeeze some lemon on it, and use as topping for a nice fresh mixed salad. The best piece of meat you will ever taste.

More info:

Definition: Probably one of the must under appreciated steaks, the Top Blade Steak may be more commonly called the "Flat Iron Steak". This tender and flavorful little steak is cut from the top blade roast and comes from the chuck primal.
Perfect for the grill (or broiling) this steak has such a great flavor that it requires no real seasoning. Tender enough to cook through medium without a marinade (though I would if I were force to cook this beyond medium). This is a perfect steak on it's own.

Also Known As: Flatiron Steak, Top Boneless Chuck Steak, Petite Steak, Lifter Steak, Triangle Steak, Book Steak, Chuck Clod Top Blade, Butler Steak, Shoulder Top Blade Steak

Raise my own beef.
The stuff in the stores doesn't even come close and I know what I fed mine.
I like T-Bone on the Barbeque and hamburgers close second.

redbug said:
I will have a nice plate of veggies grilled with a very light oil. I do not think it is right to eat any living thing...

We don't eat 'em while they're livin', fer cryin' out loud!!!!!!
#-o

I'm a tightwad. I prefer petite sirloin steaks. Homeland stores are the only ones that carry the brand I get. 20 minutes in the marinater. Then on the grill for bout 10 minutes. Nice and pink on the inside.

Why waste time with the small cuts ?? [-X

I'll have a Prime Rib, 3 ribs please, with a thick saddle of fat. Heavy on the sea salt and fresh ground pepper and then on the grill until it's just on the rare side of medium rare. No sides and an hour to myself with the roast. 8)

Fat & Happy !!! :LOL2:

Froggy said:
Well, I am a Chef, so dont listen to me..... Its hard to beat tenderloin, however taste is a lost art, do you know what a steak, tastes like? most people dont, they used to, but today everything is doused with bizarre spices, rubs, and marinates, all have a place of course, but if its beef you like to taste, my recomendation would be to go to a non commercial butcher, 95% of comercial beef is not grass fed anymore, ergo, the lack of taste. Grass fed beef, try it once, if you are over 30 Years old you will go" where did I taste that last? Middle school,! before Governement started to subidize corn, Today's Cattles are kept in pens, eating corn, then get slaugtered because they would expire in a few month anyway. Sorry to rain on your parade, but its what I do for a living.

What is the best piece of grilled beef? its a grass fed piece of Flat iron steak, a disrespected piece of meat really.

Salt, pepper, on the grill medium hot, till pink, then eat as a piece or cut up in strips, squeeze some lemon on it, and use as topping for a nice fresh mixed salad. The best piece of meat you will ever taste.

More info:

Definition: Probably one of the must under appreciated steaks, the Top Blade Steak may be more commonly called the "Flat Iron Steak". This tender and flavorful little steak is cut from the top blade roast and comes from the chuck primal.
Perfect for the grill (or broiling) this steak has such a great flavor that it requires no real seasoning. Tender enough to cook through medium without a marinade (though I would if I were force to cook this beyond medium). This is a perfect steak on it's own.

Also Known As: Flatiron Steak, Top Boneless Chuck Steak, Petite Steak, Lifter Steak, Triangle Steak, Book Steak, Chuck Clod Top Blade, Butler Steak, Shoulder Top Blade Steak
I could not agree more..... I hate it when they ask.... what kind of steak sauce do you prefer? I almost always respond "a good steak don't need a cover up"

Hasn't anyone tried skirt steak m rare on the grill. It has a different and better taste than any beef. Try it you'll like it. Let me know what you think after you try it.

I like the Flat Iron myself cook medium over heat served with out sauce.

My personal favorite - Rib eye light marble - medium rare - aged. No sauces - server with a Killian's Irish Red on the draft.

Cut????? I say we put the whole beef on a spit , slow cook it and eat!

8:35 in the morning and now I'm officially craving a steak. Hmmm.... I guess a fillet is my favorite. Medium rare with nothing but a sprinkling of garlic salt.

I love home grown vegetables but there's no way I could be a vegetarian.

Latest posts