Rain Barrels Pictures added 7/22

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lckstckn2smknbrls

Reaction score
I just made 5 rain barrels. I found the blue barrels for free on CL. I used the upside down method where the spigot comes from the bung. The top of the barrel I cut a hole big enough for a heavy plastic bucket to drop part way in and drilled many 1/2" holes in the bottom of the bucket. I then put some aluminum window screen in the bucket and put several inches of river rock in the bucket. Cost was less than $20.00 per barrel.

You know one of these days I will have to open a photobucket account and learn how to post them. In the meantime imagine a big blue barrel full of water. lol

You can take the pictures right off your computer.
I don't use photobucket or any other site.
Resize your picture,scroll down to "upload attachment""Browse" to find your picture,then go to "Add the file" and "place inline".
Simple as that.

Nice, they should good.

My brother put some rain barrels under his downspouts this year. I thought about it, only one problem. I dont have any gutters. I removed them when I redid the roof 4 years ago. I put in a french drain all the way around the house, now all my rain water drips off the roof into the rock, weeps into the drain tile and runs out ot the street. Next phase is a cester to collect and hold all the rain water. Ill use that to water the grass, garden, wash the vehicles, etc.

Funny how the more things change the more they stay the same.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
You know one of these days I will have to open a photobucket account and learn how to post them. In the meantime imagine a big blue barrel full of water. lol

Dont even need photobucket, just the pics on your computer.

Trying to add a picture. I can't find how to resize it so if its to big sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_5520.JPG
    IMG_5520.JPG
    523.6 KB · Views: 600
That looks ok.
So here it is.

Attachments

• IMG_5510.JPG
    IMG_5510.JPG
    682.1 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5511.JPG
    IMG_5511.JPG
    446.8 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5512.JPG
    IMG_5512.JPG
    472.1 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5514.JPG
    IMG_5514.JPG
    476.8 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5518.JPG
    IMG_5518.JPG
    449.3 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5517.JPG
    IMG_5517.JPG
    471.7 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_5522.JPG
    IMG_5522.JPG
    452.6 KB · Views: 563
Cool idea, and thanks for the pics :) . My brother just did something similar also, and my mother has kept a 2 gallon bucket under her a/c unit condensate drain for years. She uses it to water her potted plants on the back porch.

fender66 said:
That's exactly like the blue barrel filled with water that I was imagining. :roll:
It rained good last night so now imagine 275 gallons of water.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
fender66 said:
That's exactly like the blue barrel filled with water that I was imagining. :roll:

I have to wait unit mid day as my mind can't imagine anything that heavy this early in the morning.

fender66 said:
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
fender66 said:

I have to wait unit mid day as my mind can't imagine anything that heavy this early in the morning.
Think of it this way it's 2300 pounds of water.

Latest posts