Weird looking fish

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Ever seen a smallmouth that looked like this? I have no other info on this fish like where/who. For sure next to a powerplant. :LOL2:

Attachments

• orangey.jpg
    orangey.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 965
I don't know if you remember Blinky from the Simpsons but it was also caught near a (nuclear) power plant. Don't eat it!

blinky.jpg

that's what I call a citrus smallie - must be in Florida next to the orange fields :LOL2:

i'd say photoshop but if not that would be crazy

i was expectin to catch somthing like that fishing chickamauga lake tn next to the huge nuke power plant a few weeks ago

don't smallmouth have some orange in their color naturally? I would think that it's not photoshopped, but I could be wrong

Jim said:
possibly fake, but why on earth would someone spend the time to photoshop a tiny smallmouth bass. :LOL2:

Agree.....I've also studied genetics a bit (I know....boring). This is entirely possible. Not common, but possible. Most of us have heard of albino deer or turkey....why not fish. This certainly isn't albino, but it could be amelanistic or hypo melanistic.

Yeah that could be it maybe fish that live under cover their entire life, I was also thinking maybe food supply? Different nutrients in the water...or the fact they were pulled out of a "Water Reservoir" next to a Dump site lol

Latest posts