New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! You can call me Pieman. User name is Porta Jon (after my crawdad that I fish out of.) Live on the RI/MA border and fish as much as a person with 4 kids can. Host a Fri night poker game every other week and thats about it!

Porta Jon said:
Hey guys! You can call me Pieman. User name is Porta Jon (after my crawdad that I fish out of.) Live on the RI/MA border and fish as much as a person with 4 kids can. Host a Fri night poker game every other week and thats about it!

:WELCOME: Neighbor! :D

I'm right behind you with 3 kids but with a wife that works nights and weekends. :lol:

Welcome Pieman,

That's probably the last time I'll remember your name, so sorry in advance... :LOL2:

:WELCOME: to TinBoats

Just found this nice site today while jumping around on the internet. I really enjoyed the going through some of the incredible modifications that you guys have done to your boats! =D>
I am from Louisiana, the New Orleans area and have been a fiberglass bass boater for the past 15 years. Well, I've been out of the "bass club" scene for a while now and so I sold my rig and pocketed the dough. Needless to say, I miss floating around and have decided on getting a tin boat which led me here to this glorious site! :D

Planning to get the old tin dingy in the morning and be on the water soon. Now let me jump back to the modifications pages to soak in some of your labors. Good Stuff!

Name is Thomas AKA Sweettfisher, from Columiba SC. Found the site recently and been lookin at it about everyday since. I have a 1974 1442 Monark Mod V with 95' 40hp Johnson. I like goin fast in skinny water and catchin big fish. Already got tons of ideas from this site. Look for projects threads from me in the near future.

:WELCOME: :WELCOME: :WELCOME: To all. You're gonna love it here! If you don't...then there's probably something wrong with me. :mrgreen:

Posted this on the picture thread first...then found this one.

Hi All,

Just put a deposit on a 77' Starcraft 1258V. I think it was called a seafarer then but the new ones are just 12' utility boats. I may have paid too much but he said the boat was his dads and looks well cared for and the trailer is almost new (New paint on frame, axle, hubs/wheels, tires, fenders, lights, ball hitch, bunks and rollers, ALL new) and has a title on the trailer but not the boat and Im paying $800. I dont care if its too much really cause I'm excited about it either way. This is my first boat ever and its long over due.

I am from Gwinnett County, GA and seen a few of you on here nearby, however I have just moved to Florida for work and I am staying in a camp ground on the Wekiva River near Orlando. Everyone here has a boat so it didn't take me long to get the itch. I started looking on Craigs List and after a few weeks of searching till my eyes would bleed I found this.

It will be 2 or 3 weeks before I can pay the guy off and get the boat in the water and it is killing me...which is what lead me here. Last night was up till 3am looking at mods.... :shock:

These are the pics from the craigs list add and all I have for now.
boat2.jpg
boat1.jpg

So far I plan to put 12v transom mount trolling motor for the main drive untill I can get a proper 9.9. I can get the BPS Prowler T55/40 for $199 or the Minn Kota Endura 55/42 for $254. I am on a tight budget but I like the composit shaft with lifetime warranty on the Minn. Any thoughts comments, etc... would be great!

Anyway Glad I found this place. It's great and lots of guys from GA for when I take this thing home.

Jim said:
Introduce yourself here and yourself to the map! Add your location to your profile so we have an idea where you are from. Don't worry, no one can track where you are. :LOL2:

This way we can see where the other members are from! :D

https://www.frappr.com/tinboats

for some reason i cant open this link?? also tried this the last time you posted...

SUM-KINA

New from Florida!! Just picked up a Sea Nymph 14' x 32" with trailer for $200. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, boat is a little rough but the trailer is in pretty good shape, main reason I bought it.

kdhs10 said:
New from Florida!! Just picked up a Sea Nymph 14' x 32" with trailer for $200. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, boat is a little rough but the trailer is in pretty good shape, main reason I bought it.

Welcome....as you will....we love pictures. Can we see it? Pretty please.

Oh yeah.....You're gonna love it here!

Hi All

I just joined today as I was looking for information on how to fix a leak in my 16' duranautic. I also just purchased a 18'SS starcraft (1983) almost in prestine condition. It came with a 75 chrysler which I replaced with 90HP Yamaha 4-stroke (used 05). I love both boatsand fish both freash and saltwater. I live in New York State (Please don't hold this against me !!!) about 90 miles north of manhattan. I fish freshwater lakes in CT. and can be out fishing for Stripers in the Sound in an Hour. (launch out of westport area)
I'm going to take some time now and get use to this site.

regards
Bill

:WELCOME: all new Members. Glad you found us.

Bill, as long as the accent doesn't type through, you should be fine... :LOL2:

Brine said:
:Bill, as long as the accent doesn't type through, you should be fine... :LOL2:

That's like the pot calling the kettle black, isn't it Bill. [-X You have to watch Brine and some of the others sometimes.

Nah...just kidding......you're gonna love it here! Welcome.

Latest posts