1981 16’ Starcraft Seafarer Finished (New pics 6/5/12)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Few more pics.

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

Looks good...I like the way you added support to the sides...Is there room for the batteries on the front shelf attached to the boat? That is where I was thinking of putting mine....I only have one battery though...

Also in your battery area I see that the self had to be raised up...what is under that piece of plywood?

Thanks and keep up the good work....

I’m not sure if a battery would fit on that shelf or not, I never considered it. If it would, you would still need a way to access it in order to charge and remove it. I’m running a 12V trolling motor at this time, but the next one will be a 24V so I wanted a big enough area for two batteries.

The floor in the compartment has a 2X4 mounted under it. The floor needed to be raised in order for it to fit inside the V of the boat.

Thanks.

Thanks.... I was thinking of making the forward section open up to access the battery...I would rather use the bigger space for other stuff....

Thanks again for posting all your work as I have the same boat..you are paving a nice trail for me...I hope to get started on mine next month when my fishing slows down...

Have you had this boat on the water yet? Mine is very light in the water...my 40lb 12v trolling motor pulls this around with ease....I have a minn kota transom style mounted to the bow for now....after I deck the front i will be shopping for regular bow mount with foot controll...

Nope, I havent had it in the water yet, It's taking me quite a while to get this done. I have two little girls that demand a lot of my time. I do most of the work on this after midnight when I get home from work. I've found some time to work on it during the day so I was able to use the power tools. My neighbors bedroom is rather close to my garage so I try to keep the noise level down at night.

MassFisherman said:
Thanks.... I was thinking of making the forward section open up to access the battery...I would rather use the bigger space for other stuff....

Thanks again for posting all your work as I have the same boat..you are paving a nice trail for me...I hope to get started on mine next month when my fishing slows down...

Have you had this boat on the water yet? Mine is very light in the water...my 40lb 12v trolling motor pulls this around with ease....I have a minn kota transom style mounted to the bow for now....after I deck the front i will be shopping for regular bow mount with foot controll...
What kind of speed do you get with the 20hp Yamaha?

I'll be anxious to know how the boat is with your deck, I plan to build the exact same deck, but I am going to extend it to the 2nd bench seat as well. Let me know how the boat acts in the water.

I'll do that. I haven't had much time to work on it lately. I did put some time in today and got a little done. With the help of my father we ran all the wire, and got the trolling motor mounted. The front deck and framing is done, sealed, and carpeted. I'll post more pictures soon.

I considered running the deck back to the next bench, but I figured if I left it open I would have two areas with a low floor, one for each of my girls.

Hey, I'm brand new to this site because I bought a 1980 starcraft 160 super sport today and want to redo it as you did. Do you have finished interior pictures? Thanks! Your post has been very helpful!

I'm still working on it. I put in the front deck today and mounted the trolling motor, battery, depth finder, and seat. I also got the rear deck cut out. I'll post some pictures tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

The front casting deck. The hatches are just sitting in place at this time.
IMG_1636.jpg

The rear deck is cut out.
IMG_1637.jpg

Switch box.
IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1634.jpg

My carpet layer!
IMG_1631.jpg

Wow that looks awesome!!!

Do you have any pictures of the rear floor framing and under the rear deck?

What did you seal your wood with?

Thanks for sharing!

I don't have any pictures of the framing, but I will get some. The back deck does not have any down supports; I have no plans to use this as a casting deck. Under the back deck is a floor that takes up about half of the area, I put this in for a level area to place the gas tanks.

I sealed all of the wood with three coats of the Helmsman Spar Urethane, the edges got six coats.

Sorry these took so long, I've been a little busy.

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

I haven't decided how to connect the ends of the 2x2 to the transom. I will either mount another 2x2 to the transom or bend some 90 degree strong ties to the proper angle.

No need to be sorry....Thank you so much for posting all this....This will be helping me out greatly on my build...Did you buy your 2x2's or did you cut 2x4's down to size? I was at Home Depot and did not see any 2x2's...

For your back deck you could run a some 2x2's down to the floor...or your ideas would work too..

Thanks Again!!

Are the spindles for patios or banisters,2x2?
Just throwing that out there maybe there not big enough.
Still might be cheaper to rip your own.

Latest posts