Dang, Can't Believe I Did This (not for the squeemish)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you will be alright.

It only takes once mistake, or lack of concentration to cause an injury.

I've been useing power tools for most of my life, started out in my grandpas basement. I've had a table saw kickback on me and had it rip lumber out of my hands too.

As for cutting 4x8 sheets of plywood, I usually draw a line and throw it up on the table saw. I use an outfeed support. If I just have the skillsaw, I free hand it, done it enough times it ocmes out just as striaght as if I used a guide, and if its a critical edge (cabinet side), I'll still run it throught he table saw and jointer/planner.

My miter did the same thing, bent the backstop and blew the carbide off several teeth. Usually I spray some WD40 on the aluminum cutting tools (works excellent for tapping) but had run out and needed to trim a bunch of 1" angle.

Jamie

S&MFISH said:
Dang Chris,that looks kinda nasty.Hope you get well soon.Hard to fish with your hand all taped together,ey?

Thanks Steve...Actually, I'm healing quicker thank I ever thought I would. Went fishing last night and about the only problem I had was I couldn't get a hook from the mouth of my catches cause that took two hands to hold the fish and unhook with the other. I felt like a kid again having to have my buddy unhook everything. Guess that's better than not catching fish though. It was a beautiful night nonetheless.