Whats your dream car?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bandgeek1263 said:
free jonboat said:
BLUE '69 chevelle with a 454 BIG block :shock:

God I wish I lived for the 60's and 70's. The 454 big block in a Chevelle would be intense lol

i wish i would have been around in that era too. my dads friend had a 70ish nova with a 454. insanely fast. that is until, he hit a deer doing 70 down a country road at 3 in the morning.

wasilvers said:
My wife just told me this morning that if we get out of debt- except for the house (just a few more months) I can get WHATEVER car I want! Funny thing is, my dream car is just a fully restored/lightly customized 1996/1997 Toyota Land Cruiser - with full lockers, sun roof, sliders, etc.
Kind of like this one...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/399885-1995-cruiser-some-mods.html#post5733066

I have about a year to find the right one and save for it.

I met the ih8mud forum owner at a Camp Jeep event several years ago. We were camping next to some of the trial guides, he was one of them.

My dream car is a Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with 8' bed and diesel/allison tranny pulling a nice new shiny Alumacraft boat. Set-up to tow a 5th wheel too.

I do drive a 2500HD crew cab w 8' bed for snow plowing duties, its along arse truck in small lots. I can push some serious snow.

Hanr3 said:
My dream car is a Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with 8' bed and diesel/allison tranny pulling a nice new shiny Alumacraft boat.

Same here, with 2 changes. First of all, make the shiny Alumacraft a shiny aluminum boat built by me, and second, swap the Allison trans with a quality aftermarket 6 speed manual.

Of the automatics in existence, the Allison is right at the top, but I must be old school, as I'm certainly not sold on them.

Second vehicle, just for the fuel savings, would be a Honda Civic 5 speed manual (although, I think some of the newest have a 6 speed), and a few performance mods. Nothing much, not going for the ricer racing appeal - just something to give it a little spunk running through town. Don't necessarily need speed, as there is no practical use for it in everyday driving, but I like the nimble feel, while getting 35+ mpg to boot.

I must just be too practical. :lol:

For real. The Back is a camper, and it can go just about anywhere any other 4x4 can.

Attachments

• yellowvan01.jpg
    yellowvan01.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 407
I LOVE those old Mopars and would take just about any one of them, but I think my all-time favorite car, and the car I would do almost ANYTHING to get my hands on, is the 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner. In my opinion, this car stood for everything that the muscle car era was SUPPOSED to be about when most of the other muscle cars at the time were focusing way too much on luxury (and sacrificing speed in the process) and were starting to cost way too much.

113_04_day1_8z+1970_plymouth_roadrunner_coupe+left.jpg

43045244.RoadRunnerSideViewTIFF.jpg

i would like to have my old car back and restored mine was blue but it was still cool

Attachments

• 0012_starsky_hutch_car.jpg
    0012_starsky_hutch_car.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 402
bassboy1 said:
Hanr3 said:
My dream car is a Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab with 8' bed and diesel/allison tranny pulling a nice new shiny Alumacraft boat.

Same here, with 2 changes. First of all, make the shiny Alumacraft a shiny aluminum boat built by me, and second, swap the Allison trans with a quality aftermarket 6 speed manual.

Of the automatics in existence, the Allison is right at the top, but I must be old school, as I'm certainly not sold on them.

Second vehicle, just for the fuel savings, would be a Honda Civic 5 speed manual (although, I think some of the newest have a 6 speed), and a few performance mods. Nothing much, not going for the ricer racing appeal - just something to give it a little spunk running through town. Don't necessarily need speed, as there is no practical use for it in everyday driving, but I like the nimble feel, while getting 35+ mpg to boot.

I must just be too practical. :lol:

This would suit me just fine too.

redbug said:
i would like to have my old car back and restored mine was blue but it was still cool

Nice! I always loved the old Ford Torino's too. I actually almost bought one last fall for a steal but realized it needed someone with far more skills than me to properly restore it... I have watched too many people bite off more than they can chew with old car restorations and just want no part of it for now...

Hanr3 said:
I met the ih8mud forum owner at a Camp Jeep event several years ago. We were camping next to some of the trial guides, he was one of them.

That would be pretty cool. I've been reading a lot of ih8mud lately. Can't wait to have the "new" old car pulling the "new" old boat to the ramp.

:D

My uncle had a Gran Torino identical to the one in the pics.He bought when i was a little guy and had it painted to look like the Starsky and Hutch car. I guess he was a huge fan of the show????????He Just sold it a year or so ago.My dream car is a little cheesy compared to you guys.I love those old Ford trucks from the 70's ,ive got a f100 short bed with a 302and a three on the tree.The only thing i wish it had different is a 460 instead of the 302.

I own the car I dreamed of having when I was 8-9 yrs old.A 1967 Dodge Charger-440 Magnum/4-speed.Have owned it since I was 17yrs old.34yrs now.Sorry no pics,have not taken any since digitals have come out.It is somewhat in pieces right now.It's not going anywhere,So I'm in no hurry to slap it together.Going to turn it into a full Drag Car that will run in the mid-9s.Because that is what I want.Need $$s,lots of $$s to do it.

wasilvers said:
Hanr3 said:

That would be pretty cool. I've been reading a lot of ih8mud lately. Can't wait to have the "new" old car pulling the "new" old boat to the ramp.

:D

Like on August 21st? :mrgreen:

S&MFISH said:
I own the car I dreamed of having when I was 8-9 yrs old.A 1967 Dodge Charger-440 Magnum/4-speed.Have owned it since I was 17yrs old.34yrs now.Sorry no pics,have not taken any since digitals have come out.It is somewhat in pieces right now.It's not going anywhere,So I'm in no hurry to slap it together.Going to turn it into a full Drag Car that will run in the mid-9s.Because that is what I want.Need $$s,lots of $$s to do it.

Jealous! That sounds like a sweet car. I bet that car already hauls *** with that 440.

breachless said:
S&MFISH said:

Jealous! That sounds like a sweet car. I bet that car already hauls *** with that 440.

In it's last incarnation(1987)-It ran 13:52@105mph in sreet trim.Not bad for a stocker.Have topended it at over 145mph.But have not had it on the road for about 22years.

Here is one of my dream cars.

According to a muscle car book "muscle cars the legend lives on" by nikberg.
The most powerfull ford engine ever for a production car went into a 1965 Galaxie called "Cammer Galaxie" also know as CAMMER 427,.. twin overhead cam Hemi with single carbie produced 616hp and with dual 4 barrel carbs made 675hp.

I read about these motors some time back.
Ford played down the actuall HP there are records that the "cammer" was putting out 715HP, but Ford did not want that known.
They were used in the 64 Galaxie's in the Nascar series.
Ford was getting there arse kicked by Chrysler's Hemi and Ford told the engineers no expense build something that can beat the Hemi.
Well they sure did.

When NASCAR told Ford it could not compete with an overhead cam engine, Ford wound up with dozens of 427-inch cammers on its hands. Many of them wound up in drag racers. Others were installed in boats. Still others were installed in street drivers. This is one of the crate engines that went undiscovered for many years. When it was discovered, it was knocked down and thoroughly inspected before assembly and fire-up. Jack tells us he removed the original sodium-filled valves and opted for Manley stopcocks instead. When he spun the cammer on the dyno, it made 675 hp at 7,500 rpm. It's a scream still heard high in the stratosphere over Utah.

You couldn't imagine anything less than an adequate drivetrain behind a 700-horse FE big-block. Ford's Top Loader four-speed channels the ponies into a "N" case 9-inch Detroit Locker, sporting 4.11:1 gears for good measure. Jack built his cammer glasser much as you might have expected in the '60s: factory drum brakes at all four corners, American Torq-Thrust D wheels, Mickey Thompson tires, N.O.S. factory Autolite shock absorbers, a 17-inch steering wheel, lightweight bucket seats, and only the necessary instrumentation. The sun tach takes us on a time trip back to the smell of burning rubber and Sunoco 260.

Of course, the centerpiece of this ride is its beating heart from the Total Performance era. The FE-series, 427ci, single overhead cam big-block was born in 1964 for NASCAR competition. It was a corporate act of desperation because Ford was getting clobbered on the superspeedways by Chrysler power. The FE's architecture made it challenging to fit with hemispherical cylinder heads as Chrysler had done with its 426ci RB-block. Because Ford had experience with overhead cam technology in its high-revving Indy small-blocks, it seemed logical to apply this thinking to the FE big-block. What Ford didn't know was NASCAR's Bill France wasn't having any part of overhead cam power on his speedways. Ford would quickly learn there would be no SOHC racing, so they took their corporate ball and went home.

What made the 427 SOHC revolutionary at the time was the technology practiced by Ford engineers. The SOHC's bottom end wasn't much different than we find with the wedge variants. Outside of oil distribution to the unusual heads, the block is virtually the same. Down under is a 7.5-quart oil pan. The crank was a steel forging for obvious reasons. Where the SOHC differed greatly was in its hemispherical crossflow heads with 2.250-inch intake and 1.90-inch exhaust valves. The head gaskets certainly were unique with an asbestos/steel combination designed for extreme pressures and heat. Rocker arms were little more than a cast-iron construction supported by needle-bearing fulcrums. These engines were quite sophisticated for their day--fitted with dual timing chains that looped from the crank sprocket to the single overhead cams above. Chain slack could be adjusted via a single idler. Screw-in freeze plugs were incorporated due to the high cooling system pressures. Ford opted for a transistorized, dual-point ignition system for added measure to keep the fire lit at high rpm.

The most remarkable part of the 427 SOHC story is how quickly Ford went from concept to running test mules--just 90 days. When Ford took its cammer to the dyno labs in Dearborn, it witnessed more than 600 hp at 7,000 rpm with more than 500 lb-ft of torque.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 501
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 501
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 501
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg