Georgia spot fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Queencitybassman

Reaction score
First I gotta thank Jason (troutman) for linking me up with Lanier Jim.. I went to georgia on short notice to stay on lake lanier and he hooked me up.. hes got more knowledge of that lake then anyone id put money on it! We put about 15-20 on the boat in friday and 1 catfish and 1 walleye. Got a couple on the dt20 including a monster spot didnt weigh him but hes a bonified hawg spot check the photo. Also had some on a drop shot. We put about 10 spots on and 5 stripers. Overall awesome fun time spot fishing is fun but I dont think they fight as hard as some of you GA boys claim! [-X LM are still my calling =D> ! I pictured a few of the bigger ones.

Attachments

• georgia 007.JPG
    georgia 007.JPG
    624.9 KB · Views: 254
  • georgia 010.JPG
    georgia 010.JPG
    594.2 KB · Views: 254
  • georgia 013.JPG
    georgia 013.JPG
    630.6 KB · Views: 254
  • georgia 014.JPG
    georgia 014.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 254
  • georgia 015.JPG
    georgia 015.JPG
    570.4 KB · Views: 254
Queencitybassman said:
Overall awesome fun time spot fishing is fun but I dont think they fight as hard as some of you GA boys claim! [-X LM are still my calling =D> ! I pictured a few of the bigger ones.

Really???? Apparently Jim felt differently in his post...."The bigger fish came out of a tree in around 25' of water and I thought he was going to pee his pants when he finally got the fish to the boat." :---) [-X

:LOL2:

That said...Catching them on baitcasting gear and DT20's isn't the norm out there. That same fish on a drop shot rig with 8 or 6# flouro is something different. Don't get me wrong... I'm a LM man myself, but there is no question...A 5# spot would win the tug-o-war with a 5# LM everyday of the week.

Congrats on the fish, and kudos to Troutman for hooking you up.

Thanks QCB I was just glad to help you get on the water, although I am a bit jealous of those spots you caught.

And on another note I quote, "when I hooked that spot i wasnt sure if i was hung on a log or brush or if I had a fish, then when he started fighting I knew he was big".

I too enjoy largemouth fishing but pound for pound its not even close the strength the two species have in comparison. Spots are like Mike Tyson in his youth, Largemouths are like Mike Tyson now.

Hah yeah troutman but at least you had more luck with those stripers like that 18lber last week.. didnt have too much luck with stripers with any size just a few dinks! Yeah those smallmouths can thrash around but the largemouths can too id compare a 5lb LM with a 3LB spot in comparison fight wise. Dont get me wrong I loved the fight and it was more fun then I have had in awhile but I definitely still enjoy being in the Carolinas fishing for LM! And brine I definitely owe both those guys so hopefully I can return the favor if they ever come up to NC! Fun times way better then getting skunked on the dock of my in laws lake house! Thanks again guys!

Queencitybassman said:
Hah yeah troutman but at least you had more luck with those stripers like that 18lber last week.. didnt have too much luck with stripers with any size just a few dinks! Yeah those smallmouths can thrash around but the largemouths can too id compare a 5lb LM with a 3LB spot in comparison fight wise. Dont get me wrong I loved the fight and it was more fun then I have had in awhile but I definitely still enjoy being in the Carolinas fishing for LM! And brine I definitely owe both those guys so hopefully I can return the favor if they ever come up to NC! Fun times way better then getting skunked on the dock of my in laws lake house! Thanks again guys!

No Problem....Glad you made it home ok!

I didnt catch jack for stripers the last three times I went, it seems when I am trying the hardest I catch none. However, when I just down line while bass fishing I seem to do better.

Till next time. Tight lines.

Glad you got out on the water.
Thumbs up =D> to the people that helped you and to Lanier Jim,must be a real nice guy.
Looks like you caught some nice fish there,wtg.

Just another example of TinBoats people being the best!

Way to go guys =D>

Latest posts