1981 16’ Starcraft Seafarer Finished (New pics 6/5/12)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate the table saw.. :x

I did find 2x2's at lowes...and 2x3's at Home Depot...

What did you use for adhesive on the carpet?

Do you have any pictures of the framing under the back floor? Looks like you fit the plywood on top of the groove in the boat...
Are you planning on putting a floor in the front also?

Thanks Again!

This is the adhesive I used on the carpet, purchased at Home Depot.

ROBERTS 6700 Premium, Indoor/Outdoor Carpet and Artificial Turf Adhesive and Glue, Solvent Free, Non-Flammable 1 Gal. Pail

Model # 6700-1 Internet # 100117949

$12.97/EA-Each

242fe33f-243b-4962-96a5-d5e9bd057b9f_300.jpg

As for the floor, I don't have any pictures. When I got it carpeted I dropped it in to check the fit, it fit a little to good. I think it will have to be cut out when the time comes.

I did this picture in paint. The inner supports are 2x4s on end, the outer ones are 2x2s. I put a short 2x4 in the middle to keep the others from turning in. The 2x4s and 2x2 sit on top of the ribs and are screwed in place through the plywood. All of the plywood is 5/8". The floor sits in side of the groves and is real solid. I will be adding the front floor.

Untitled.png

If you haven't mounted this yet, I found that 3M 5200 didn't stick to it when I applied mine. I ended up redoing this plate using JB Weld after 3 of the 4 holes behind it leaked on my boat.

devilmutt said:
While looking for a fix for this,
31763_1398342473389_1077078176_1170592_1750783_n.jpg

I found this at Cabela's.
s7_020106_imageset_02

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0080976020106a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntt=transducer+mounting+board&Ntk=Product_liberal&sort=all&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form1

So I came up with this.
IMG_1575.jpg

After I came up with this great and innovative idea of using a cutting board I did a google search and found out I'm far from the first. :LOL2: So to solve the problem of holes in my transom, I drilled four more. #-o

Almost done. I still need to install the bilge pump, hook up the switches, install a few hinges, paint the inside, and secure a few items. I'm leaving town for a few days so all of that will have to wait until next weekend.

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1693.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

My Jr. carpet layer.
IMG_1696.jpg

Looks great, and looks like your young one will enjoy the trips to the lake.

DONE!!!

Almost done. Still have to paint the inside, but the humidity has been high.

The switch panel has been wired, and the bilge pump is installed. If the weather holds I'm going to try and get it on the water later today.

It floats, and everything went great. With me (230lbs) and my oldest daughter (47lbs) we were able to hit a steady 26 mph on the gps. I'm not sure if that is a good speed or not, but it is plenty for what we will be using it for.

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4874.jpg

IMG_4876.jpg

IMG_4883.jpg

I would like to say thanks for all the help this site and its members provide.

A few things that I learned along the way.
1. I need a bigger garage
2. A can of spray paint does not go far.
3. Building these boats is not cheap.
4. Use sharp blades for cutting carpet.

Looks like a great fishing machine.
Hope you and your family get lots of use out of it.

Thanks Zum, I’m sure we’ll get a lot of good use out of it. I’ve already told my daughter that we will be adding a seat belt if she can’t keep herself sitting in one place while we are underway.

Boat looks awesome!!! Don't be surprised if my build looks a lot like yours when I'm finished. And thank you very much for posting finished pics, it gives those of us who are still building something to strive for.

Thank you, I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I have a lot of hours in it, I wish I knew how many of the hours were spent just starring at it trying to figure out how I wanted things and how to make it work.

Good luck with your build.

Well I've gotta say I enjoy having my own boat! The only thing I've noticed so far that I don't like is how high the boat sits on the trailer, it's the only thing I see out of the rear view mirror and I think it may be a little difficult to get it in some of the smaller lakes with shallow accesses. I may need to remove some bolts and redo the wiring so I can use the tilt feature on the trailer. I would also like to find a way to put the trailer bunks flat, they sit narrow side up at this time.

Best fish of the night was only 2.5 pounds.

IMG_1760.jpg

After looking at this picture, could you give some measurements on the layout, like the distance between each of the openings, how long is the upper deck for the trolling motor, and how high is the top rub rail to the large casting deck. Sorry for all the questions, but I have a deep v and I want a large deck like what you have, but a few have said deep v's and casing decks dont mix well. Also the side benches are a nice touch, it gives the kids a spot to fish/play and storage. The center bench is that completely enclosed or is it usable storage. You have done a great job, and I hope you don't mind if I copy a few of your layout ideas.

IMG_1691.jpg

After looking at this picture, could you give some measurements on the layout, like the distance between each of the openings, how long is the upper deck for the trolling motor, and how high is the top rub rail to the large casting deck. Sorry for all the questions, but I have a deep v and I want a large deck like what you have, but a few have said deep v's and casing decks dont mix well. Also the side benches are a nice touch, it gives the kids a spot to fish/play and storage. The center bench is that completely enclosed or is it usable storage. You have done a great job, and I hope you don't mind if I copy a few of your layout ideas.

I'll take some measurements when I get home from work late tonight.

The middle bench is all storage; the hatch is to the left of the seat as you look at the picture.

Fishing from the casting deck is very comfortable and stable for me; I'm 6'0" and weigh in at 230lbs.

Both of the side benches open up for storage, but the main reason for the front one was a place to lay my fishing rods without them being suspended between the casting deck and the middle bench. Without that side bench I'm sure my daughter would have broken all of my rods.

Latest posts