Now this was REALLY embarrasing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
Camping last week with the family at Bon Echo Provincial Park. Friday night I tip the boat up on the trailer to drain some water out the back. Once drained I pull the boat back up and go to bed.

Saturday morning I get up at 6:00 a.m. to go fishing. Driving from campsite to boat launch I am going up a steep hill and hear a big bang behind me. Look in the rearview to see my boat sitting pretty in the middle of the road. I forgot to reattach the winch after draining the boat the night before.

Anyway the campers are all poking their heads out of their tents and trailers to seewhat the big noise was as I am feverishly trying to horse the boat back onto the trailer without making any eye contact! Lucky for me there was no damage to the boat or motor. All that was damaged was my pride! Time to get a bilge pump I think.

Nice, just watch some Bill Dance outakes and youll feel better.

My brother and I where out fishing last week, while loading, he forgot to lock the winch. He got in the truck, started to pull away, and almost left me and the boat in the lake. Im just glad he heard me yelling before I ran out of winch cable.

6:00am ouch. There is no other noise to drown it out. you know everyone and their brother heard it. :LOL2:

Hanr3 said:
6:00am ouch. There is no other noise to drown it out. you know everyone and their brother heard it. :LOL2:

Yep, even the guys at my campsite, on the other side of the park, heard it!!

You guys must have some light boats or some really slick bunks. (or you drive like a bat out of Hades) :lol:

the only difference was i had just stripped mine down and was taking it to the car wash down a major street. The wind got up in there and i saw something dark in the rear view. it was the bottom of my boat, nose up, about 10 ft high. Wind took that thing away like a sailboat(no pun intended)

Latest posts