What do ya think about the new Camo?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MadCatX said:
You know you bring up a good point - Why should you guy have to buy stuff for your uniforms...to me that should be the price of admission consider you guys get paid what 17 cents an hour.

22 cents/hour....Thanks Mr. Obama :LOL2:

nathanielrthomas said:
Waterwings, as you probably can tell already, I'm an old country boy from Alabama that dips snuff and drinks coffee. So as long as I'm not wearing white I'm good to go. You'd be surprised at what all you can get on the new camo and never know it. I spilled coffee on my leg last week, and by lunch I couldn't tell what leg I spilled it on. In whites that woulda meant a trip home to change. The new khaki/black is great too. No tie and it took the place Johnny cashes and the whites. No complaints from me, except I wish they gave you a better choice of boots with the cammies and an increased uniform allowance to cover all this crap. The effin gortex jacket that goes with the camo is $300, and yep you guessed it, it's gotta come outta pocket or you'll freeze like I did last year. No uniform allowance for the extras. BS if ya ask me.

I concur. It's BS that new extra items (gortex coat,etc) have to be bought out of pocket.

...I'm an old country boy from Alabama that dips snuff and drinks coffee...

Thank goodness! Someone in the Navy that still drinks coffee =D> . I run into some recruiters (all branches) occasionally and most of them turn-down a cup of coffee, and would rather have a soda or an energy drink. Oh well, more coffee for me :)

Waterwings said:
I run into some recruiters (all branches) occasionally and most of them turn-down a cup of coffee, and would rather have a soda or an energy drink.

Or one of those willy foo foo cheerleader mocha latte craps. When someone ask me if I want something from Starbucks I simply reply "No, I'm a man". What the hell is wrong with Folgers these days? People too good to drink it? Ill drink black coffee until I die. Where Im from in Alabama, men do not put additives in their coffee. Your sexuality may come into question.

I remember one of my dad's friends telling me back in middle school "If a man has sugar in his coffee, he has sugar in his tank".

Sorry if I offended anyone.

As an ex squid, I like them. I never really cared for any of the Uniforms when I was in the Navy........

I see your in my old stomping grounds... Millington. I went to "A" School down there in 1987

I like sugar and milk in my coffee but my dad didnt. He was from the old school for sure. Now if its good Jamaican coffee then I can drink it black no problem, but folgers straight is a tuff task.

nathanielrthomas said:
dyeguy1212 said:
This just makes me what to spring for some sitka gear for this fall =P~

You planning on doing some bowhunting in Pandora(Avatar)? :LOL2:

No, sitka has their own version of digital camo that I've had my eye on for quite some time. I just can't afford to pay 150 bucks for a fall jacket :roll:

i actually think they look kinda cool. i would like to have the trousers. and surprisingly we have to pay for most of our stuff too. and think of it this way thomas, at least when you get out you keep your gortex. ours gets turned back in and gortex is amazing.

russ010 said:
I wish we'd go back to the gray tiger stripe....

I agree, and those green boot yall wear are awesome. We only get one choice on our boots: suede or leather. And both are steel toe, 9" boots with no zipper, and have to be the bates brand bought at the exchange. Sucks. Theyre heavy as hell too.

I was an RDC when they were being introduced during the test phase. Some of the guys I worked with said they really liked them. I retired before they were implimented as the official uniform. Hated the SDW and working blues. Working whites were compfortable but dirt magnets. SDB was my favorite. Didn't care for the dixie cup.

Thought about getting some of the Gortex for fishin'

Latest posts