Clinton Lake (Central IL.) 9/5/2010

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BYOB Fishing

Reaction score
Just got back from an early morning trip. Caught six total fish, three were keepers. All on the BYOB Fat Shallow Bluegill. I forgot the bunk board I use to help show the length; I've been keeping the boat outside lately and have to re-load it every time I go out. I tried to take several pictures of each fish--On the floor, on the scale, and then one by my face. It's not easy to take a self-portrait with a cell phone camera.

First Fish 3lb, 1oz:

DSCF6977.JPG
IMG00138.jpg
IMG00139.jpg
IMG00140.jpg

Second Fish, also 3lb, 1oz:

IMG00141.jpg
IMG00142.jpg
IMG00143.jpg

Third Fish, 3lb 7oz:

IMG00144.jpg
IMG00145.jpg
IMG00146.jpg
IMG00148.jpg

Matt

Great catch man!! Looks like you had an excellent day on the water. Im not trying to tell you how to do anything, but I keep a plastic wal mart bag in the boat for weighing fish. It keeps them from flopping around, doesn't mess up the slimy film on the fish, and no need for punching unecessary holes in the lips of the fish. Just drop the fish in the bag, hook the scales to the handles, and get the weight. Or you can use the gill slit. Im just not a fan poking more holes in the fish if I dont have to, unless its necessary for a tournament. Please dont take this as me trying to start an argument. Im just sharing a cool tip an old angler shared with me years ago.

But anyway, great fishing bro. Hope I have a day like that in my near future. Thanks for the pics.

nathanielrthomas said:
Great catch man!! Looks like you had an excellent day on the water. Im not trying to tell you how to do anything, but I keep a plastic wal mart bag in the boat for weighing fish. It keeps them from flopping around, doesn't mess up the slimy film on the fish, and no need for punching unecessary holes in the lips of the fish. Just drop the fish in the bag, hook the scales to the handles, and get the weight. Or you can use the gill slit. Im just not a fan poking more holes in the fish if I dont have to, unless its necessary for a tournament. Please dont take this as me trying to start an argument. Im just sharing a cool tip an old angler shared with me years ago.

But anyway, great fishing bro. Hope I have a day like that in my near future. Thanks for the pics.

Good tip! I never weigh fish usually...

I see he swallowed that crankbait like it was his job. I may want to purchase one from you for the fall.. is that lure effective in murky or clear water? sorry i didnt mean to jack your thread those are very nice fish.

Queencitybassman said:
I see he swallowed that crankbait like it was his job. I may want to purchase one from you for the fall.. is that lure effective in murky or clear water? sorry i didnt mean to jack your thread those are very nice fish.

The water I fish normally is pretty murky. If you want one, PM me. I'm getting ready to start a bunch of them in the next week or so. They are $6 each, plus 1.50 shipping. Shipping is a flat cost, no matter how many you buy. No problem jacking the thread, I'm happy to talk about it! :D

Thanks,

Matt

NICE job Matt!!!!

I hit Lake Evergreen today, although I dint get there till after noon.

Is that that same color you used on Lake Evergreen?

I

Hanr3 said:
NICE job Matt!!!!

I hit Lake Evergreen today, although I dint get there till after noon.

Is that that same color you used on Lake Evergreen?

I

Yep, same bait! It's showing a bit of wear now...I've probably caught 40 fish on it this year. It's becoming my favorite lure.

Latest posts