Do you drink and fish?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you drink and fish?

• I don't drink and fish

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Fishing time = Drinking time

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • On occasion, but not as a habit

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • I don't drink at all

Votes: 26 24.1%

• Total voters

one100grand

Reaction score
To some people this will seem absurd for completely opposite reasons - I know some people think fishing = drinking while others wouldn't dream of tossing a few back whilst angling. I was just curious what was the overall climate here about this topic.
(Hopefully it's obvious that I'm talking about alcohol in this spot) :beer:

I do drink, but not heavily. I might bring 2-3 beers with me for a full day of fishing. If I'm on someone elses boat, I may have a few more......but I'm not really into getting sloshed out on the water.

Straight from the Kentucky Regulations:

DRINKING IN PUBLIC AND PUBLIC INTOXICATION (KRS 222.202)

"Kentucky law specifically prohibits the drinking of alcoholic beverages in public places (this excludes establishments licensed to sell such beverages) and the waterways of this state are considered public places. Further, in a public place, persons who are manifestly under the influence of alcoholic beverages to the extent that they may unreasonably annoy or endanger themselves or others shall be subject to arrest."

I usually fish from 7am-2pm so that is a little early for me to drink. When I go up to my family's lake house for the weekend I have been known to throw back a few before noon. :D

Not on most trips. Friday nights after work, my brother and I usually take a sixpack with, but I still have to tow the boat home so I only get one or two. Its .08 here to drive a boat, just like a car.

I may take 2-3 with me in the cooler, but usually don't touch them until I get the boat back in the garage, years and years ago in my younger days it was not unusual for me to misbehave, but too old to have fun now.

:twisted: I'm a serious fisherman when bass fishing, so no I don't. Then again I don't drink at all anymore. Use to whenever I hit the saltwater. =P~

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about the overwhelming non-drinking population on here. I think most of this forum is a pretty serious fishing crowd and I think that the more serious crowd is less likely to do anything aside from focusing on fishing.

Depends on the situation. The only thing I want sloshin' in the boat is the water in the live well. However, if fishing from the shore AND I'm gonna be sleeping in the tent, i.e. - Not Driving - having a couple is ok with me.
Several years ago in Texas they had an ad campaign: "DWI - You Can't Afford It", and they weren't kidding. I've seen too many people find out the hard way that "You Don't Mess With Texas".

lol, I was just having this discussion the other day with a friend. I have never drank and fished. For one I dont drink beer (only liquor). and two I usually drive to the lake, so that wouldnt work. I just enjoy fisihng, I dont think I need to drink to enjoy it.

Nope. I need every functioning brain cell I have focused on fishing. When I go fishing with my brother we will occasionally stop at a picnic area around the lake afterward and burn a couple hot dogs and knock back a beer or two, but never on the water.

Latest posts