Post a Pic of your boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waterwings said:
Nice rig, Derek! Is that a storage box mounted on the port side? Looks similar to what I have on my Lowe rig.
its a rod box, but i use it for storage.
i also have a livewell in front of the console.
its a nice boat, i got it decked out with 2 fishfinders, one up front and one on the console. plus two bank onboard charger.
ive got it rigged so that it starts off battery a, and trolls on battery b, a, or both depending. i have a electric only lake close by, so i didnt want to run out of juice. i also only put a 15 horse 4 stroke on her, as the local lake here is a 20hp limit. of course, yamaha comes out with a 20 hp the year after i buy mine. ah well.
its a great boat, a touch cramped through with two guys fishing on it. i have to do a couple of mods to it to make it a bit more space efficient, but i think it will do.

one thing id like to do is upgrade the batteries. id like to have one sepearate for the engine, and two bigger agms or the like for the trolling motor. i dont use that rod box really for anything, and the rear of the boat under the deck lid is pretty cramped, which forced me to use two wheelchair batteries for the whole boat, which works ok, but it draisn down a touch quicker than id like. i could balance out the boat easily by using the rod box as a battery box, and just have some assorted stuff there. i used to carry all my tackle in there, but ive manipulated my tackle carrying a little. i just need to carpet it so that my rods and reels dont get boat rash against the bare aluminum. and find a way to better store my rods for transit, and ill be set. of course thatd mean a major rewire of the boat, as everything was prewired at the dealership to my specs.
but its a good boat, and i dont get skunked on it too many times, and ive definitely had some great times on it in the two years ive had it.

Sounds like a great setup! The storage box I had the dealer install on my rig is 60" long, so no rods will fit in there, so it's used for misc. gear. Having a cluttered deck makes me crazy, and I'd probably trip over something and deep-six myself, lol. I used my rig a few times before carpeting it. That metal deck gets hot, plus I think the carpet helps cut-down on noise transmitted through the hull.

thats why im looking to carpet it. its really hot, and i like fishing in sandals or even bare feet.
the box i have wil actually fit 8 ft rods, but they all get squinche dinto a tube at the frontend of the boa t after the box ends, so i never used it.

Derek's boat is really nice. It is perfect for the Nock, and I feel it handles fine with two people on it. It could use a few mods to make it more comfortable with two people, but it still works great as is. I was lucky enough to be with him, and net, his personal best LM. I also caught my first lake smallie from his boat, even after fishing the same lake for years with no smallie action. We also experienced my first senko catfish, and dereks fat ika carp....many good times.

jkbirocz said:
Derek's boat is really nice. It is perfect for the Nock, and I feel it handles fine with two people on it. It could use a few mods to make it more comfortable with two people, but it still works great as is. I was lucky enough to be with him, and net, his personal best LM. I also caught my first lake smallie from his boat, even after fishing the same lake for years with no smallie action. We also experienced my first senko catfish, and dereks fat ika carp....many good times.
yep. good times, good times.

Hey guys I thought I would introduce myself with a pic of my boat.
DSCF0007z.jpg

'02 Tracker PT165 W/ 9.9 4 stroke Merc.
I, like a few others on this board, fish the Nock.

Nice looking boat. Am I right in figuring that you fish waters with HP limits? Cause that boat really wants more than 9.9. She wants to fly.

thanks guys,

Your right flounderhead59, when I bought the boat There was hp restriction at 10hp on the lake that I have a slip for. 18 months later they up'd to 18 and now it is at 20. would love to upgrade but its just not in the cards yet.

Lar

Very nice boat Cast&Blast, it brings back memories of the pt175 my dad and I had when I was younger. We used it on the nock almost everyday in the summer, it was great.

I would never fish the Nock again if they made it unlimited. It is too pressured as it is, the last thing I want on that lake is a jet ski. I don't think it will ever happen though, there are too many sail boaters paying the slip fees.

jkbirocz said:
Very nice boat Cast&Blast, it brings back memories of the pt175 my dad and I had when I was younger. We used it on the nock almost everyday in the summer, it was great.

I would never fish the Nock again if they made it unlimited. It is too pressured as it is, the last thing I want on that lake is a jet ski. I don't think it will ever happen though, there are too many sail boaters paying the slip fees.
then make it a no wake zone.... Its too big for me to just troll around. I just want to fish this lake. don't want to fly on it..
this has worked well in other states that had 10hp limits

Wayne

Welcome Cast&Blast!

Thanks for joining! Cast&Blast added a nice little deck extension to his boat. Xmytruck has the same boat and he mentioned he was thinking of adding a deck extension like C&B did!

Hey, you folks have some really nice rides on here. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Here is my G3... 2006 HP200 w/ 2006 200 HPDI.

DSCN0772A.jpg

Latest posts