My new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! I think the majority is ruling on the side imaging! :lol:

So far I have only the front depth finder. I bought the 747c humminbird so I can interlink it with the one from the drivers seat for gps waypoints. I mainly am doing that for big rivers and what not. I am directionally challenged, but not as bad as my girlfriend! Ooops, did I say that out loud? I am going to go with the side imaging for when I get into deep river holes or when the river breaks into a gravel pit. I fish a lot of lakes too and I like to get up in the skinny water of the tributary that feeds it. I like going where no one else can go. Especially when you live in indiana and the lakes there are soooooooooooo pressured!

Anyway, if anyone in Indy wants a ride in her, shoot me a pm. My trollin motor batteries are supposed to be delivered today! It's like christmas! LOL!

Pont!

You will love that side imaging. I can't wait until I can afford my own. It is the most amazing sonar I have ever seen and used.

B.O.A.T, my buddy just upgraded to a 24 volt MinnKota trolloing motor, 80 lbs thrust, with the transducer built in and the lift assist, plus an Lowrance Color fish finder($411) plus the cable to go with it for close to $1500 B.O.A.T yeah boy, I;m sure you'll like that side imaging

such a pretty boat. man, if i lived just a little futher south i'd take you up on that ride offer. :D

I went back and looked at the pics and just noticed the bimini top #-o . I guess I was too busy looking at the structure of the hull and cool diamond-deck on the boat, and completely missed the neat accessories, lol.

Waterwings said:
I went back and looked at the pics and just noticed the bimini top #-o . I guess I was too busy looking at the structure of the hull and cool diamond-deck on the boat, and completely missed the neat accessories, lol.

WOW. hah me too! nice. :mrgreen:

New boat has been just awsome this year. I've got a 3rd and a 4th place finish in tournies so far this year. Got one on the Indy white white river tomorrow morning and I'm hoping to drop in more mojo into the boat with a 1st place finish, but who knows.
It was funny because the first time I had it out on the river, Iwas idling up to the questionalble spots. I did make the mistake of trying to idle through a section that I should have been on plane. I sucked some crap up in the jet intake and had no power! Ran into a tree when the current was pushing me back and snapped a rod! ARG! Since then, I've learned to ride out the quesionable spots. The skinniest water I have gone through so far that I actually got out and somewhat measured was 5 inches. Man does your butthole ever pucker when you see that shallow water! LOL!
It's really nice to have a boat that I can take almost anywhere except for like Erie and stuff like that, but I can really hit places that hardly have any pressure. Best trip out was just for fun smallie fishin. Each one of us had 20+ smallmouth around 2-3 lbs each. 2 of which were 4+ lbs.

If anyone gets near Indy gimme a shout!

Just local stuff. We don't have much water in Indy other than a couple small lakes and rivers, so it's tough fishing. Every cove seems to have a boat in it. Lots of pressure! I mean LOTS of pressure. You usually don't catch a fish without holes in there jaw. Hence the purchase of the jet so I can go where no man......Ok, i'll stop there, but next club tourny is on a river fed lake. Guess where I'm going? \:D/ :LOL22: #-o

I bought my boat from the jet doctor at www.thejetdoctor.net, and will do most of my business there. He sells Blazer sports, legendcraft(my boat) and, weldcraft. The Blazer sport and legendcraft is virtually the same hull. Don't know anything about the weldcrafts but I'm sure there solid.
https://www.blazerjetboats.com/
https://www.trouttandsons.com/Boats/Blazer_boats.htm

And a drum roll please. Last and my personal favorite if I had 40 grand to drop on a boat! Watch the video on the Sport jon! OMG! The hulls on these boats are virtually indestructable. Now, that is within limits you know. If you take one out and your are drunk and you say something like, "Hey yall, whatch this", you can pretty much expect bad things! LOL!
https://www.compeaus.com/sj_gallery.html

Pont,

What size motor are you running? How fast are you going? How is the gas consumption? Do they make jest boats like that but carpeted inside like a regular bassboat?

Jim, this tin boat has your name written all over it.....

https://www.blizzarddesigns.com/skinny.wmv

https://www.blizzarddesigns.com/elcapitan.wmv

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I want one! (and the money tree that goes along with it to buy gas :lol: )

I'm running a evinrude 60/40 E-tec. Boat is an 18 footer with a 12 gallon tank, 2 Agm batteries, onboard charger, 2 gravity fed livewells under each seat with added aerators. Top speed loaded is about 27 to 30. It just depends if I'm going upstream or down. Going out to the lake I usually burn 3gallons in an 8 hr day. Going to the river, I usually burn about 5 gallons. The jet doctor will customize your boat pretty much to however you want it, so if you want carpet throughout...done.
Things I would have done different had I had the opportunity..... Extend the front deck further back and gone with a 90 horse e-tec, and ofcourse with a 90 horse jet, up the gas tank to 20 gallon.

Latest posts