What pays your bills?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
russ010 said:
I'm pretty sure I saw Captn's plaid shorts the other day when I downloaded the northeast pass for that day.. He's got a lot of pink and green plaids...

I could feel your eyes [-X

JMar650 said:
I work in a federal prison.
Stupid people used to grind my gears but now I realize they are my job security. ](*,)

We have much in common. I spent seven years in a morgue and many of the folks I worked on were folks whose last words were, "Hey, guys, watch this!" Oh, the stories I could tell.

Senior product designer for an automotive and heavy duty engine parts manufacturer.

I'm sure some of you have engine components on your truck, car, big rig, inboard boat or maybe even your outboard that is my handiwork.

Salesman for a chemical company...specialize in aircraft products....busy this time of year selling aircraft de-icing fluids world wide....I have opened new accounts in Austrailia and Germany (just using the telephone), also sell to quite a few large american companies that fly corporate jets, and charter services that offer jet charters....

This upcoming August will be 10 years at the same job...before that I was a machinist....

Outdoorsman

I play Army 24/7. Started out as heavy construction operator nearly 11 years ago, moved on to fuel supply and now fixin to convert to career recruiter. Business is good and the family is well taken care of. I fund my projects by simply scheming money from the wife when she lets her gaurd down! Otherwise i have to beg and plead and explain why the new flux capacitor on the throttle control module is absolutely essential to mission completion and above all else SAFETY!

Journeyman Electrician/ Generator Technician

Mostly commercial, working on generators, power to cell tower base shelters,and driving all over Iowa and its bordering states.

Ex Army (Helicopter Weapons Systems), 26 years of Electronics Technician and Telecommunications Tech. Support Engineer - went back to school and now I'm a Respiratory Therapist. Get lots of chances to fish with working 12 hour shifts at the hospital.

Gotta get my tin done so I'll have a boat to fish in.

Respiratory Therapist for the past 13 years. However, I have just finished my Masters about a year ago and have been a part-time professor at Gorgia State University. Hope to be fulltimeprofessor in about another year! :D

Structural Steel Draftsman. It can be a cool job when we get a great looking or important building. I have drawn everything from high rises in NYC to The Kimmel Center in Philly to strip malls up the street.

well i recently changed jobs, now i get to work on this stuff..

Attachments

• porsche.jpg
    porsche.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 1,039
  • porsche2.jpg
    porsche2.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,039
Field Engineer For A Cable Television Company. Most Of The Public Now Think Of Us As A High-Speed Internet Supplier Along With Phone Service, With Cable A Secondary Feature. Oversee New Plant Extensions & System Maintenance Of Just Over 2,400 Miles Of Fiber & Coaxial Lines.

I'm a photographer. Director of Photography at an engineering company called Hunter Engineering. Most mechanics will recognize that name. I have a fancy title for a one man show and I've been at it for nearly 13 years with Hunter. When I'm not behind the camera at work, I am a Photoshop professional or as I like to confuse people I say I'm an engineer of pixelated images. Before Hunter, I was one of 3 photographers in another commercial studio and when the studio wasn't booked...I ran a custom color print lab. Been in the industry since 1987.

Shift Supervisor in a medium security state prison. Cut my teeth in a max unit for 7 years, then transferred home to be with the extended family. 18 years working with some of the best people in the world dealing with head bangers and window lickers. Weird hours, lots of people to answer to, hoping for boredom, stepping up when it gets exciting. Its the job you love to hate.

Well, When this thread was started, I was unemployed....However since the end of August, I am a Draftsman. I work at a local machine shop which refurbishes & builds mining equipment. First job i've had that I can really say I am 100% happy with.

As of right now I'm a Journeyman Roofer at one of the largest contractors in St.Louis.Have been for the last 23yrs,specializing in Single-Ply systems.Before that I was an ASE Certified auto mechanic at a few different "Service Stations".You younger guys may not know what those are,but the older guys should.For you younger guys,they were gas statoins that had "Full Service" gasoline and auto repairs.There are very few left here in St.Louis,of the 4 that I worked at over 10yrs,only one remains at the capacity it was when I worked there.

Latest posts