New Abu Garcia Rod...Hmmm

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jim said:
Just saw it...Nice price point. I would like to hear the reviews. They are sharp looking for sure.

I too want to see the reviews. Neat idea...as long as it works. I would hate for threads to strip and have the handle sliding in and out....or something else go wrong.

I've got a BPS Extreme rod with the same kinda extendable handle and I don't like it, but that's just me. It seem to mess up be balance of the rod. I use a lot of 7' rods and when I pick the the rod with the extendable but it just don't feel right. You may like, but I don't. JMHO

gunny146 said:
I've got a BPS Extreme rod with the same kinda extendable handle and I don't like it, but that's just me. It seem to mess up be balance of the rod. I use a lot of 7' rods and when I pick the the rod with the extendable but it just don't feel right. You may like, but I don't. JMHO

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Honest reviews. Thanks Gunny....

Hey, you get some leave time for the holiday?

I'm and LEO in the real world. I'm in the USMC reserves, so no leave required but thanks for your concern. The AD gets a 96 for Christmas. AS far as the rod goes, I don't know how fond you are of split grips.

I saw this and to me it's gimicky. A rod is a rod and not a pecker. Some things in life are not meant to be messed with and this is one of them.

I have a Abu Garcia rod (7' MH Super 7) that I don't use much except on occasion, but it's a fairly light rod, and seems fairly durable, but I baby my stuff. Paid $10 for it out of the clearance bin at Walmart a few years ago. Now, as far as that extendable handle....................................our shower curtain rod can do the same thing. Twist, turn, extend/shorten. Some paint poles from the hardware store can do it also. It may prove to be useful, but it seems gimmicky to me, but hard for me to pass judgement on it w/o actually trying one. :)

It may prove to be useful, but it seems gimmicky to me, but hard for me to pass judgement on it w/o actually trying one.

Exactly why I posted this topic. I can't wait for reviews from actual users.

Depending on the actual design I could see where it would be useful to adjust to the particular reel/bait you are using to get the right balance for best sensitivity.

I can't comment on whether these are good, but I absolutely LOVE the Abu Garcia Vendetta rods... LOVE them. In my opinion, for the price, they cannot be beat.

I played with these in a local store... I wouldn't waste my money on it personally. Others will think it's the best thing since sliced bread though, so to each their own.

I don't like the handle - other than that it's a great rod.

I held this in comparison to the new Carrot Stix Wild rods ($99)... needless to say I went with the new Carrot Stix rod. FYI on these rods - I swear that the 7' M casting rod is closer to a MH - and I love it. I have been throwing everything I have on it to try it out for what I want it to be dedicated to, and so far everything I've tossed on it has been fantastic. To me, it's the best $99 rod out there right now, and I've played with them all.

Latest posts