Cardinals in Flight

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robr3004

Reaction score
Last weekend I was having some lunch and notice a bunch of cardinals fighting over a prime spot on the bird feeder so I broke out the camera, put on a jacket, opened the window and snapped the below shots.

5352614059_6e993b96a4_z.jpg

5352677433_bde0e1e9e7_z.jpg

Also got them perched in the trees:
5353340234_b1dde18ba0_z.jpg

5352728481_34a15d0958_z.jpg

Thanks everyone. I had hoped to get some shots where it froze the action too, but only managed to get about 4 shots before the birds were gone for the day. There around all the time, so maybe this weekend I'll catch them. :D

I like #3 the best. Its hard to get sharp pictures of them flying, their wing beat is so fast.

They seem to be a shy bird I sat for hours by the feeder for them to come out and they don't less you can sit still soon as you move they go hide again.

3 and 4 are my favorites....1 and 2 I like mostly because I captured 2 birds in the same frame. I think they would have been better if there bodies were in focus and just the wings were blurred with motion.

Nice work. It makes me want to get my camera back out again. When I was younger I went through a "bird photography" phase. My aunt worked at a Walgreen's so I got film developed on the cheap. :D

shamoo said:
Very Nice, what kinda camera?
I was shooting with my Canon 7D with a 100-500mm Tamron lens I borrowed from my friend. All photos were taken at 500mm which with the APSC sensor on the 7D equals 800mm.

FishyItch said:
My aunt worked at a Walgreen's so I got film developed on the cheap. :D
Back when I used to shoot film, Costco, which at the time was called Price Club, had awesome prices for film development. I used to get 36 exposures developed to 5X7's for only $3.50. Then one day they re-did there photo department and the same 5x7 36 exposures doubled to $7.

Awesome pics!!

Hey Ahab - I married one of those Louisville Cardinals so I have to always yell "go cardinals!!"

If I didn't, I'd never get to use the boat - she'd take my toy away! 8)

Latest posts