My "poor-stick" anchor system, approx $30.00

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty.hook

Reaction score
This will be great for any aluminum boat.

Pics of my "poor-stick" for anchoring instead of with the old big booger anchor and lots of rope. Pole is the one laying on the deck and is 8' long and is 3/4" thin wall electrical conduit and the one in the brackets is just for display to show where and what it does. The 2 brackets are 1/2" I-bolts all thread 6" long sealed with clear RTV on both sides.
Drilled a hole all the way thru the top of the 8' pole and added a rope with a loop in case the water is too deep and it falls thru, I will have some way to retrieve my pole back.
Cant afford the $1,200.00 electric power-pole. so I made my own.
P.S. the pole looks not straight, but thats just the way the pic looks, it is straight up and down.

Attachments

• poo-pole.1.jpg
    poo-pole.1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 3,636
  • poo-pole.jpg
    poo-pole.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 3,636
KMixson said:
Hey, If it works?

About 99% of my fishing here on the Gulf Coast is in appxo 3' to 6' deep water for red fish, speckled trout and flounder, so its works great for me. A lot better than unloading and loading that ol muddy and wet anchor every time I move.

Good job! =D>

I think Jim posted this product a while back. It runs about $70, and they make a mount that looks like a TM mount if you want to attach it directly to your transom.

[youtube]n4NqjT3ZlC4[/youtube]

Good work! =D> Just wondering how the metal conduit pipe would hold up in terms of flexibility to the boat's side-to-side movement due to wakes, wind, or angler(s) moving around. Just asking due to my lack of experience with eletrical conduits. I've seen a few guys on the net use pvc pipes with success. The eye bolt brackets is a good idea.

zerofivenismo said:
Good work! =D> Just wondering how the metal conduit pipe would hold up in terms of flexibility to the boat's side-to-side movement due to wakes, wind, or angler(s) moving around. Just asking due to my lack of experience with eletrical conduits. I've seen a few guys on the net use pvc pipes with success. The eye bolt brackets is a good idea.

So far, so good, no problems. I fish mostly during the week because I'm retired, so not much boat traffic. So I can chose to fight the wind or not, other boaters or not. Not a lot of boaters in 40 to 55 degree weather where I am here on the Gulf Coast. I fish a big bayou (small river to some) salty water near the bay, and further on up, saline/fresh water and not any traffic at all. Most of the water in the bays is around 3 to 6' deep, so no problem. There are no closed seasons here, so I fish the year round for speckled trout, red fish and flounder, and further up the bayou, bass, crappie and catfish. I'm about 10 minutes from the boat ramp, and another 5 to start fishing either up the bayou or down the bayou depends on the wind.

I'll have to see if I can make some out of 1.25" or 1.5" pipe for spud poles on my duck hunting boat.

awesome idea! another idea instead of the rope, you can just put a screw through the end and make it like a pin that will keep it from sliding all the way through.

Latest posts