I need to patch a small cut in the bottom of my Jon boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CountryRoad

Reaction score
I'm new to this awesome forum, and I just want to say I love it! I hope I've put this in the right place. I have a 14ft. jon boat and the previous owner ran it into the boat dock and put decent size dent in it, and about a 4 inch x 1/4inch. Most of the time it's not an issue unless i'm towards the front fishin and then water leaks in a little. My plan is to use some sort of a bonding compound in there, sand it down and paint it. My question is... What type of compound do i need to use? Hopefully I can pick it up at lowes. I also have some small screw holes on the inside of the boat i'd like to patch. Any info would be much appreciated!

Ive used JB Weld before on small holes on a 12 ft jon years ago and even used it to repair a hole in my diesel fuel tank on the semi. But on the 4" by 1/4 cut if it was me I'd either get it welded. You might want to update your location, there could be members in your area that could recommend where they got repairs done.

Welding would be best or you can take a piece of aluminum bigger then the cut and cover it with 3M 5200 and blind rivet it over the cut.

Good to hear. JB Weld is a wonderfull thing, none of my fixes with JB Weld have every failed yet, but it's nice to know if they do the bilge pump has my back.

Latest posts