My "poor-stick" anchor system, approx $30.00

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go Rusty, I like it a Redneck 1 hp pole!! I will share this will all my shallow water fishin buddy's. Man don't ya just hate bringing up a muddy anchor into your boat? Now we just need to get 2 poles and a coupler to put them together when we're fishin in 12 foot of water :LOL2:

How the person pushing the pull got as powerful as a horse, I'll never know :lol:

Sure beats my method, I've been messing around with a homemade power pole design for a while in CATIA. Might involve a garage door spring for insane deployment speeds :shock: :wink:

Cool idea, but I don't know about the RTV silicone as a marine sealant. Use 3M 5200 for any and all fasteners, especilly through-hull applications, and you'll never have to worry about leaks. It usually goes for about $7 for a toothpaste sized tube from HD/Lowes. It comes in larger, caulk gun sizes as well for larger jobs.

Down in Louisiana, they use solid stainless rod anchors. They just drop them straight down, into the muck, and tie up. When its time to go, they snatch them straight up and out.

This idea is a great adaptation of the whole spike anchor concept. Thanks for the views.

Latest posts