just because

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fender66 said:
poolie said:
Wanna know how many rods and reels I have. Don't ask me, ask my wife. She keeps up with all that stuff. I'm sure at some point in the future she will use it as ammo to get something she wants...

I'm glad my wife doesn't have a clue what I have. I'd be in deep sheite!

Luckily she only knows quantity... not how much each cost. Otherwise I'd be in deep sheite as well.

My wife and I put 10% of our checks in separate savings accounts.
She doesn't have to know what I spend and I don't know how much she has saved up.

Works good for me. See something I want and decide if it's worth waiting X weeks for.
Saved me $200 on my outboard. By the time I had the money the dealer had come down on the price.

BTW Those are SUN decks not casting decks. For laying out you know. :mrgreen:

Only major purchases need to go through the appropriations committee :)

I get a bi-weekly allowance that I can manage however I like :)

If you need a defense for any male-type craziness.....just count the shoes in her closet.

We've never had any issues (married 51 years) with my toys....but...just in case...I should take a picture of the shoes. Ha! Rich

my wife fished all last season with my brand new 6 weight flyrod. i told her its an old rod,just has new line on it. $400 and shes none the wiser.[i clean the cork and wipe them down at the end of fall]

That's like when my brother's wife comes out to the garage while my brothers working on the 77 25hp evinrude and tells him to just take $400 out of bank and buy a new outboard.

po1 said:
That's like when my brother's wife comes out to the garage while my brothers working on the 77 25hp evinrude and tells him to just take $400 out of bank and buy a new outboard.

If only that was true...Hilarious!

Wives are special arn't they? I been trying for 30 years to get a bigger boat but I still am bobbing around in my little 12 1/2 ft. Grumman fixerupper, I still don't have a good floor or deck in it. And it don't look any better for this summer either, had a fire at work and I been off since Oct. waiting for the repairs to get finished :cry: only worked 3 weeks after a year off so not eldigable for unenjoyment, so we are living on just the mil. retirement check and just slipping by, barely. Be lucky if I can even get the boat out and have a few bucks to be able to get out to the lake.

:D I kinda luck out,my wife wont go out in the boat.I take my grandaughter so i have to make her safe and comfortable,so i can buy seats and things.the only problem is she usually out fishes me.o'well.

My wife just realizes if I want it, I will get it.... however, I DO NOT BUY on IMPULSE. IF I see something I like, I usually write it down.... and if a few months later it still fits the bill/ gives me the rush to have, then out comes the checkbook.... Lucky for me, she usually looses her list of things she wants, or has a little help in forgetting....

dougdad said:
Wives are special arn't they? I been trying for 30 years to get a bigger boat but I still am bobbing around in my little 12 1/2 ft. Grumman fixerupper, I still don't have a good floor or deck in it. And it don't look any better for this summer either, had a fire at work and I been off since Oct. waiting for the repairs to get finished :cry: only worked 3 weeks after a year off so not eldigable for unenjoyment, so we are living on just the mil. retirement check and just slipping by, barely. Be lucky if I can even get the boat out and have a few bucks to be able to get out to the lake.

Sorry to hear that...hopefully things will turn around soon :)

paDale said:
:D I kinda luck out,my wife wont go out in the boat.I take my grandaughter so i have to make her safe and comfortable,so i can buy seats and things.the only problem is she usually out fishes me.o'well.

My wife may be the luckiest fisherman I've been around. Twice last year we went out and in the first 15 minutes, she catches the biggest fish of the day. Then after 30 minutes she says she's done fishing and will read/tan the rest of the day. But what really rubs salt in the wound is I fish another 5 hours and don't catch one that big. I think she caught a 4+ lb channel cat both times. Sure I caught 15 but none over 3 lbs! This year will be different. [-o<

my wife makes me do all the dirty work while she trolls. (casting flies till i catch one,pump the stomack,pick out the matching fly)then its on. she will fish all day without a complaint.

PartsMan said:
My wife and I put 10% of our checks in separate savings accounts.
She doesn't have to know what I spend and I don't know how much she has saved up.

Works good for me. See something I want and decide if it's worth waiting X weeks for.
Saved me $200 on my outboard. By the time I had the money the dealer had come down on the price.

This is absolutely brilliant...My wife always gives me a hard time about the money I spend on fishing...then it turns into me grilling her about how much she spends on her craft projects and shoes....never ends well.

Latest posts