North East FL Bowfishing??Anyone else??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reedjj

Reaction score
I live in North East FL. Middleburg (just southwest of Jacksonville) to be exact. I am not "native" to this area. I am dying to do some bowfishing for flounder, sheephead, Frogs, Turtles, Alligator, whatever. My boat should be ready to hit the water by the middle of next week and I can't wait.

I live about 1 mile from Black Creek and plan on fishing it along with the St Johns River, Doctors Lake, Kingsley Lake, Lake Asbury and the lakes around Keystone Heights (whats left of them anyway).

I have also been told that Hog hunting by boat is awesome around here because there are wild hogs on little islands all over the place (sounds too good to be true).

Do any other members have experience with this area. All the locals seem to be interested in is fising for redfish.

Im also interested in traveling to the panhandle to check out the Suwannee River. I also want to go up to Ga to hit the St Mary's River and the Okeefenokee Swamp.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

I think it was you that posted on my swamp sled thread that you were stationed at jax in the Navy?

I have been talking to some guys about going to Rodman Res. and Dam. I hear big fish are easy to catch there. Big Cats and bass.

Im looking fwd to it.

Please post pics if you go... Id give my left nut to fish that lake again.. Im hoping to get stationed there next year for a more years..

nathanielrthomas said:
Please post pics if you go... Id give my left nut to fish that lake again.. Im hoping to get stationed there next year for a more years..

I see you are in Millington now. There is some good fishing right there in Memphis too. I had some good times in Millington in the early 90's.

What were your favorite lakes here in the Memphis area? I really only fish glenn springs. Looking to get out to a few more this year though.

When I was going to school there most of my recreation was with the girls in the Navy and night life on Beal St. and at a place called MONGO's on Front street.

I did however do a little fishing in "Navy Lake" and once on the Mississippi. There are huge Catfish in the Miss. I looked at google and saw a lake called Arkabutla Lake. Looks huge and it has a dam. Whenever there is a dam there is big fish.

reedjj said:
I live in North East FL. Middleburg (just southwest of Jacksonville) to be exact. I am not "native" to this area. I am dying to do some bowfishing for flounder, sheephead, Frogs, Turtles, Alligator, whatever. My boat should be ready to hit the water by the middle of next week and I can't wait.

I live about 1 mile from Black Creek and plan on fishing it along with the St Johns River, Doctors Lake, Kingsley Lake, Lake Asbury and the lakes around Keystone Heights (whats left of them anyway).

I have also been told that Hog hunting by boat is awesome around here because there are wild hogs on little islands all over the place (sounds too good to be true).

Do any other members have experience with this area. All the locals seem to be interested in is fising for redfish.

Im also interested in traveling to the panhandle to check out the Suwannee River. I also want to go up to Ga to hit the St Mary's River and the Okeefenokee Swamp.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
check out facebook/bluewater outfitters/mike moore

Reedjj,

In a bout a month ill be back from vacation in florida and my boat will be finished and ready with lights, genny, trolling motor, bow, etc. If you want to shoot some fish let me know and ill bring the rig up or we can find something around my area and stick some!

I got a good place in orlando and I heard of a place or two in jacksonville as well!

Pm me and let me know!

Latest posts