Tubby Tubby Weight loss challenge 2011

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
redbug said:
Well I think i have found a new diet it seem to work very well:
2 years ago I dropped 35 lbs in 3 months it never came back
and now the last 2 weeks I have dropped another 15lbs
I am under 290 for the first time in 5 years :)
I will call it the back spasm diet.. i hurt my back 2 weeks ago and have been out of work
I have been flat on my back most of the time.
I do try to sit up while eating but after about 15 mins the pain get too intense
so I lay back down and stop eating.
I am sure I will get better sooner or later, so I need to figure out how to keep it going
How about a cattle prod? zap myself until i but the fork down?

That's a tough way to lose weight. Hope you feel better soon!

Ouch! Congratulations on your new found diet plan .... Ouch! Again...

You ARE proving the article that was posted last week that said dieting is the answer...not exercise. Maybe you should write a book and make millions???

regards, Rich

Ouch...UP ...+1.6 lbs this week to 249.6 lbs.

Last week I weighed in at my very lowest since I started this journey Dec 2010. However, my wife returned from a trip and is cooking again. I was only eating one big meal a day when she was gone. Too lazy to cook for myself!

Went to a WW meeting today. BIG emphasis on tracking points ( or calories). Study showed that people who tracked their points daily lost twice as much as those who did not.

I am back tracking again! I find that using the phone app MyFitnessPal is easy and has a lot of the foods I eat all stored in the program. I don't have to look anything up on my own. The program does most of the work.

Below is a LINK to a good article I stumbled across tonight. Seems that lifting weights or using a Nautilus machine is really good for you...maybe better than running. Good news....I'd rather use the Nautilus machine than run anytime.

regards, Rich

https://health.yahoo.net/experts/menshealth/5-biggest-fitness-mistakes

Jim, then definitely read the article LINKed above. I reaffirms something I read a month or so ago about weights vs running.

AND....no matter what....doing something that you enjoy doing... means you will do more of it... more often. I can blast around the Nautilus room in twenty minutes, doing 12 reps x 12 machines. Love it! Wish I didn't have to take off the days in between. Rich

Up 4 pounds in one month. Im at 226 and change. :roll:
Slowly getting back into the swing of things with vacation and lack of motivation. I have been going to the gym 5 days per week doing half-*** work outs.....but going.

Diet has been almost non existent. I do good all day and then just go house when I get home from work.

Easter is this Sunday, that means non stop eating all day.

The journey continues....My goal is still 200.

I stepped on the scale this morning since I was out of town on Friday....for the first time in as long as I can remember...I was below 210 and holding at 209.

However....I ate about 50 lbs of food today. Don't want to step back on the scale again. #-o

I have been updating my original post though and will continue to do so.

With fear and trepidation I drove to WW today. WEIGH IN time! You just don't know how much fun it is, weighing in... in front of all of those women! They can't see your actual weight..but they know...they know.....Ha ha

After pigging out on Easter, and not slowing down too much since then, I was very pleased to find I was only UP .2 of a lb. Heck, that is only 3.2 ounces. I had that much weight in my pocket in coins...or so I like to kid myself.

Not too bad, considering. I didn't go out and stuff myself today, though that Red Robin burger and fries probably wasn't on any WW recommended list!

Good luck, one and all .....
( I notice that our participation on this list has diminished....ET come home! )

regards, Rich

Here they go again....ruining my favorite breakfast choices..

At IHOP...

https://eatthis.menshealth.com/slide/terrible-omelet?slideshow=185596#sharetagsfocus

4. Terrible Omelet
IHOP Spinach and Mushroom Omelette (no pancakes on the side)
910 calories
71 g fat (26 g saturated, 1 g trans)
1,580 mg sodium

You can make this same omelet at home for roughly 300 calories. What sets IHOP's apart? The absurd amount of cheap fats being tossed around the kitchen. This thing has more saturated fat than a half stick of butter, and if you opt for the pancakes on the side, you can tack another 450 calories onto your nutritional debt.

Eat This Instead!
Two x Two x Two (with bacon)
560 calories
31 g fat (11 g saturated)
1,280 mg sodium

richg99 said:
( I notice that our participation on this list has diminished....ET come home! )

regards, Rich

I am happy to announce that I have reached my goal this past weekend. Started at 183 and wanted to get to 165. Well I'm THERE!

As we all know getting that is only half the battle. I've got to keep it off, or lose more... who knows.

I contribute most of my success to dusting off my bicycle and riding the wheels off it. I've been riding 3 nights a week 12-15 miles each and another 20-30 miles either Saturday or Sunday for a total of 3000 or so calories a week.

Now I just need to go buy more pants :)

poolie said:
richg99 said:

regards, Rich

I am happy to announce that I have reached my goal this past weekend. Started at 183 and wanted to get to 165. Well I'm THERE!

As we all know getting that is only half the battle. I've got to keep it off, or lose more... who knows.

I contribute most of my success to dusting off my bicycle and riding the wheels off it. I've been riding 3 nights a week 12-15 miles each and another 20-30 miles either Saturday or Sunday for a total of 3000 or so calories a week.

Now I just need to go buy more pants :)

That's AWESOME.....congrats. =D> =D> Don't go celebrate with a big bowl of ice cream. :LOL2:

Poolie...outstanding! Wish could say the same thing. I dropped 20 lbs quickly and have been stuck there for months.

Due to some extensive travel plans, I've dropped out of both my gym and WW starting May 1. No sense paying them each $40.00 a month and not being able to use their services. We will see what I can do on my own. rich

well my back is getting better so i don't know how much more i will drop
i was 305 when i hurt my back on April 10th
i am down to 285 and still going i would love to get to 250
that was my weight when i got married 15 years ago

Ok, I am done. I am hovering between the 222-227 mark every week. No point in suffering. I am unpinning this thread. If you continue to strive for your goal please keep us updated. I will at least try to do a monthly post.

worminken said:
Saturday is my start day and I plan on weighing (less) each Saturday morning. My starting weight is between 240-245. I'll let you know Saturday.
1-1-11 - 245.2
1-8-11 - 238.7
1-15-11 - 236.2
1-22-11 - 234.6
1-29-11 - 232.3
2-5-11 - 231.8
2-12-11 - 230.6
2-19-11 - 228.00
2-26-11 - 227.7
3-4-11 - 226.1
3-12-11 - 223.6
3-19-11 - 222.7