Who should be next??? Try to be impartial people...lol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbakerinc

Reaction score
1978 Blue Fin Sea Hawk 16ft
4saleandhannah121.jpg

4saleandhannah120.jpg

**************OR***************

1977 Hurst T-170A Aerated
4saleandhannah122.jpg

4saleandhannah124.jpg

4saleandhannah125-1.jpg

4saleandhannah126.jpg

I like the glass boat if the hull is solid. But that hole in the floor scares me. Both have potential.

Nussy said:
I like the glass boat if the hull is solid. But that hole in the floor scares me. Both have potential.

Oh if I do the fiberglass,and i am leaning that way, it will get cracked open like a clamshell and totally cleaned of rotted wood.

Hard to be impartial on a website called "Tinboats"! I vote for the Aluminum boat!

Polish the bottom to a mirror finish with sharkhide and re-paint the top from the water line on up white. New floor with a light colored vinyl or light grey carpet with a Center Console/live well and about a 40-50hp honda 4 stroke...Oh yea!

But then again.....How's the engine on that glass thing? A good running 70hp merc might be a selling pt.

I say buy both and put the merc on the aluminum boat!

Yeah that thing is like 30 inches wider than that Blue Fin.

Im in Everett PA.

The pic makes it look pretty deep and wide. I was thinkin it was like an old 1657 or something.

Still a nice boat and a lot less work than the Glass boat even if the motor is in good cond.

If its a glass boat your lookin for I would think you can find one without a GIANT HOLE in a ROTTED FLOOR, full of water logged foam for a decent price.

I think its about 60ish inches wide.

I bought the glass one for the steering/motor/controls. I got it CHEAP!!! like super super cheap.

but it has kinda grown on me. I like it and its somewhat rare I would say and I have always wanted a true Bass Boat.

also the tin is only rated for 65 horse max but..... i figured it would hardly notice....lol and they make resto decals.

thoughts?

That glass boat has some potential and, in my experience, working with fiberglass isn't really too difficult so long as you take your time.

Yeah i am a fan of the tin. but its the bass boat alure thats got its hooks in me.

How fast do you think that tin would run with the 70hp on the stern??

I would get the fiberglass one. I redid a deck on a 19ft cuddy cab in a day. It was very easy just took some patients.

Littlec said:
I would get the fiberglass one. I redid a deck on a 19ft cuddy cab in a day. It was very easy just took some patients.

I have them both already. Just debating on which one to keep which one to sell.

I work with fiberglass for a living and doing a floor job is not that easy on that kind of baot. Especially since you do not know the condition of the stringers and the transom. With gas prices going to $4 a gallon I would much rather tow a tin boat than a fiberglass one. Unless your building a solid glass stringer and transom fiberglass boat with a composite floor your always going to have to worry about the wood rotting. If your not very familiar with the products and this would be your first time working with it, then I would strongly suggest the tin boat.

Good luck on which ever one you choose.

wanted to say. i am like 6'4" and 350lbs. just a big guy. will one be more stable than the other. original plans were to do the blue fin put in a console and run it. i dont want to lean to the side all day driving. idk. just a concern.

I like the 1978 Blue Fin Sea Hawk 16ft first. Has a lot of class and I think would look great restored. Second....the 1977 Hurst T-170A Aerated because it could make a great big lake bass hunter. But...this is all without knowledge of condition on either.

My .02 worth even thought it's probably not worth that much really. :LOL2:

Latest posts