Who should be next??? Try to be impartial people...lol

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that changes things a bit. With your weight I would guess that the glass boat has a higher total weight load than the tin. What are the max loads in lbs. on both? By the time you get in the tin with some gear and batteries and a motor you might be at the max load.

huntinfool said:
Well that changes things a bit. With your weight I would guess that the glass boat has a higher total weight load than the tin. What are the max loads in lbs. on both? By the time you get in the tin with some gear and batteries and a motor you might be at the max load.

1195lbs total on the tin. Cant find the plate or info on the glass. Oh to be that "average" tin boater. 145 lbs. :roll: .lol

if you have an aluminum already going,do the glass. i did one about 7 years ago.my floors were way worse,but came out good. i had before/after pics,but lost them when my old harddrive packed it in,but the boat turned out beautiful,and i made almost a grand of profit for a boat/motor i got for free.and it was a fun project.

I have my 14ft Nymph all ready to go. well i have to wire everything to the switch panel but... its good to go. i just dont know what to do ya know..

jbakerinc said:
1195lbs total on the tin. Cant find the plate or info on the glass. Oh to be that "average" tin boater. 145 lbs. :roll: .lol
I wish I was 145 lbs.!!!! Heck, I be happy with 200 lbs.

That tin has a pretty good max load rating. With you, a motor, a battery or two and some gear, you sould still have room for another person. I like the tin, but how are you at fiberglass? I think that will make a big difference.

Yeah i have only work with glass a little. I think I have figured it out...

I think im going to do the tin. put the 70 and the steering on the tin. and fish it.

I think then I will crack that glass boat open and see how bad it really is. then go from there.

oh yeah and sell my 14ft Sea Nymph

Well i was outside poking around in the Hurst today after work before the rain came. WOW. Too much rot. I dont want to deal with it.

I think I am going to use it as a doner boat for all the goodies it has and send it back down the road for what I paid for it. Only paid 200 for it anyway.

Looks like it is the tin. I like the alot less work too. have a Johnson 9.9 and a kicker bracket. Ill be good to go.
Thank you for everyones input. I guess Ill still have to hold out for the "true" bass boat.

That glass one is going to need a full restore. You will probably have to redo it all the way down to the stingers. I would stay far away from it personally.

I think I am going to do a Side Console in this. Does it really matter how far forward or back the console sits??

I've had a 16' Tracker Deep V, a 17' Hydrasports bass boat with a 150 Evinrude, and now the 17' Sea Nymph.

The tracker was new, but the bass boat, and the sea nymph needed work.

A glass boat restoration, is AT LEAST 500 times harder than an aluminum boat. That is no misprint. 500 times harder.

My bass boat was in an accident, and I repaired it, and re-gelcoated it. I sold it before all the sanding and buffing. EFF that.

Plus, an older glass boat like that, when restored will still just look like an old bass boat. The aluminum boats like that, when restored can pass for a new boat.

I would buy the aluminum boat, restore it, along with new paint, modify the bass boats trailer to fit the aluminum boat, and pull off any other parts off the glass boat, and then trash the rest.

Also FWIW a 70hp on a glass bass boat will be no screamer. If you have any ideas it will be like a modern bass boat....... [-X

Latest posts