adhesive for support?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheephead007

Reaction score
has anyone used a product like PL9000 (construction adhesive) to attatch the supports for decking instead of drilling holes and using rivets
i have a 80's? springbok starfish 16... pics to come

Using glue to reinforce a mechanical connection - Yes.
Relying only on glue to support my (or someone else's) big butt - No.

With a mechanical connection, if it gives way, there will be some kind of warning signs: screws working loose, metal bending, possibly just a little "play" in material that was previously sturdy. If you're paying attention, you can address it before it turns loose completely.

With glue only, if it gives way, it will happen with no warning. You're standing there and then you're swimming or have a broken ankle.

Gravity always wins. Just my thoughts.

yeah, you are right!

i was just looking for a quick and easy way of extending my front bench

the rivets that i would have to use can they be purchased at auto parts store? or is there a specific type that is used?

i just found this site a few days ago, and now im all excited about working on my boat!!

Add a few pics to the thread to give a better idea of what you have to work with. There's some pretty sharp guys here with a lot of combined experience and who don't mind thinking outside of the box when it comes to some good ideas.

You can buy the rivets and the gun from Home Depot.

Latest posts