Finally got a boat HECK YEA!!!!!! Pics are up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
begs said:
well if it aint one thing its another, guess I wasn't ment to have a boat lol oh well 4th time is the charm :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

No.....you just weren't meant to have THAT boat. Patience, patience (as if I have any).......keep looking, your bound to find the perfect boat eventually - or simply buy the "not so perfect boat" and then mod it to be the perfect boat!! :D

imgonnamissher said:
begs said:
well if it aint one thing its another, guess I wasn't ment to have a boat lol oh well 4th time is the charm :x :cry: :cry: :cry:

No.....you just weren't meant to have THAT boat. Patience, patience (as if I have any).......keep looking, your bound to find the perfect boat eventually - or simply buy the "not so perfect boat" and then mod it to be the perfect boat!! :D

Well so far I wasn't meant to have any boat. LOL

as for patience we all have patience or we wouldn't be fishing

as for the perfect boat :roll: not looking for that, but am and have been looking for the not so perfect and that is the 3 that have all been #-o #-o

oh well back to the drawing board if I have any money left, after putting gas in the dang cars LOL

It'll happen it's just a matter of time....remember not to look on C-list unless you can step out the door and go look at it right then an there. Hang in there.

Another idea would be posting a want ad on craigslist. Say that you're a motivated buyer with cash in hand. You might be the one turning sellers away. It's worth a try.

yea like he said post a wanted ad in different areas. like subject WAnted or WTB 14' - 16' aluminum v hull boat

Then in your description type in needs to be on a trailer with a motor. Priced around blah blah blah. (name a somewhat fair price) then put may pay more for newer and well maintained. Email me with information and description.

Ive done this for my outboard that was a 2000 15 hp yamaha 4 stroke and got a great deal for only 750. My price was between 400 - 600 for a motor but added the extra information for people to put a newer outboard outboard close to the price and bam found this great motor. Whats nice to is most people probibly dont have thier boat up at that point so you have time to get it. Truth is, when you see a deal you need to drop everything and drive straight for it because things go quick as you can see.

It took me two months of looking to find the "deal" I wanted. This is the hot time of the year with lots of people wanting boats, so more competition. You'll find the one.

Thanks guys for all the information, and also the confidence booster :D I know I will find one and when I do I will be happy and ready to do some fishing on the open water.

I will keep on searching till I find that deal that was worth waiting for and when I do you will all know LOL :LOL2:

ok here we go again 16' alum 4 bench boat, I have a 57 35hp evinrude to go on the back of it this should be a good....I will put pics up when it is in my driveway.....
[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

fingers crossed for me guys [-o< [-o< [-o<

=D> =D> yea I finally got a boat. 16' Aerocraft v-hull... Will be hooking up a 1957 35hp evinrude to the back of it.... Man I can't wait. This is going to be sweet

begs said:
=D> =D> yea I finally got a boat. 16' Aerocraft v-hull... Will be hooking up a 1957 35hp evinrude to the back of it.... Man I can't wait. This is going to be sweet
Awesome!!! =D> I'm happy to hear it. Let's see some pics and hear about the future plans for her.

Much like some other in things in life you'll never forget your first. :oops:

Congrats let the fun begin.

I will post some pics asap,

I hear you about never forgetting LOL

As for the plans, get the motor running and fish out of the boat as is for now till money pans out.

do have to figure out how to raise the transom up due to having a long shaft motor but I dont think that will be to much of a problem, and possibly a nice swivel seat to sit in or 2 LOL Maybe if I can find the clamp on still for a decent price.....

Congrats on your new boat. I too just picked one up.

I am from IL as well and had to make sure I had all the titles from MO. I used a private license / title place and just paid the fees to get everything registered all at once. I think it's worth the extra cost in IL since it only took about ten minutes to do with a license / title company. Titles are a must in IL. The home-made trailer thing is way gone. IL has made it more difficult. You must swear you made the trailer and the state must inspect it now. If they see it's an old trailer and and find an old serial # on it your screwed. Big fine from the state. My titles were in the name of a trust so I had to get the main page of the trust and the signature page in order to register and change the title over in IL. I just love how this state does things.

ITGuy said:
Congrats on your new boat. I too just picked one up.

I am from IL as well and had to make sure I had all the titles from MO. I used a private license / title place and just paid the fees to get everything registered all at once. I think it's worth the extra cost in IL since it only took about ten minutes to do with a license / title company. Titles are a must in IL. The home-made trailer thing is way gone. IL has made it more difficult. You must swear you made the trailer and the state must inspect it now. If they see it's an old trailer and and find an old serial # on it your screwed. Big fine from the state. My titles were in the name of a trust so I had to get the main page of the trust and the signature page in order to register and change the title over in IL. I just love how this state does things.

well the titleing thing is going to be fun....cause I have no titles for either one, how much did it cost to go to a title company?

I think I paid an extra $26. The place I went to won't touch homemade trailer titles any more and won't do lost titles. You will be on your own. The lady at the title place was explaining the process of homemade trailer title to someone and told them to expect possible close to 6 months before it gets titled. She said IL has changed so many laws lately that they make it difficult.

GOOD LUCK!!!

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
I wouldn't spend much money on it until your the legal owner.

dont plan on doing anything until it is all said and done and the title is in my name.....I know I will get titles it is just going to take a little time....I should have the title for the boat as soon as I have it inspected by IDNR.....

All it is going to take is paper work paper work and time....

see the last time i did a homemade title was about a year and half ago for my car hauler....I had no problems getting a homemade title, so I am hoping that it will go the same with the boat trailer....I can't find a number on the trailer at all....if all else fails I will clean it up, reweld a few things new bolts and some paint and call it a homemade trailer and have it inspected if need be :wink: :wink:

As for the boat I have to have it inspected by IDNR on May 19, send that form in and the power of attorny form that I had the seller sign and my registration in and bam I have a boat title....Not really that big of deal just a very time consuming process.....

Well I finally got around to getting the pics of the boat up, so here she is.. going to fish out of her just as she is now, maybe get a few seats for her, and hopefully get some wood and carpet for her over the winter. and maybe some paint. Im working on the trailer now here is the link if you want to see it https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=19930

Here are the pics of the boat

2011-05-21194006-1.jpg

2011-05-21193928.jpg

2011-05-21193911-1.jpg

Latest posts