Best place to find boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walleyehunter

Reaction score
Hi to all im new to this page by the way tinboats.net is great.
So I live in Michigan and im looking to get cheep v- bottom boat for walleye fishing. something that I can take from nothing and customize the way I want to for walley. I just got my first house so I'm a little tight on cash but I've talked the wife into letting me get something inexpensive. So a total rebuild is my only options right now. Is their a junk boat site or any place that I could find a inexpensive boat. All suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
Todd

Welcome aboard!
The best sites I know of are craigslist.com and ebay. On both you will have to look carefully, and it is a task, but there are deals to be found.

keep your eyes open as you drive around. If you see a boat behind a garage that looks like it hasn't moved in years go up to the house and ask if they want to sell.

Craigslist is your best bet.....BUT....make sure especially this time of year if you find one your able to get to it that day or it will get taken.

craigslist , i got my boat my trailer and my motor all from different sellers. for pretty cheap too. just keep looking,it took me about 6 months to find the perfect setup. make sure the seller has paper work too.

Thank for the help guys guess the hunt is on Ill get something in soon. Can't wait to get started I'm sure I will have questions when I find the right boat.

Like the other members, I am surprised at the amount of items for sale on Craigslist. I go online and check it out and keep up with whats out there. I even buy stuff! Great site.

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
keep your eyes open as you drive around. If you see a boat behind a garage that looks like it hasn't moved in years go up to the house and ask if they want to sell.
This is how I found my Lowe 1860. I had drove past this boat for a couple years as it was a quarter mile from my dads house. I waited till I had a pocket full of money and knocked on the door. I simply asked if he was interested in selling. He quickly said "no" and I was reaching for my card to give him and tell him if he was ever interested in selling to call me. Before I even got the card out he said "but money talks". A little wheelin and dealing and pulled the boat away with money left in my pocket. You just never know until you ask. Good luck.

CRAIGSLIST CRAIGSLIST CRAIGSLIST I look around 9 or 10am every morning , I just got a 14ft sea king for free last week , it came with the house the guy just bought and he didnt want it.

Being in MI you should be able to come across something decent on CL. Like everyone else said be patient and wait for something you want but if the price is right be ready to jump quick. Where are you gonna be fishing? Lake Erie? Saginaw Bay? Detroit river? Not sure what your budget is but you should be able to find something that is kinda already setup if you look for an older starcraft or something like that. I've seen lots of boats that are older and a little outdated but completely ready to rock and roll. The fish don't care what your boat looks like.

check places that you wouldnt mind driving to also , I usually search farther away from home like chicago area and find good deals on everything.

mondays mornings are usually best time for deals i have found

Latest posts