No drain Plug??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Driftingrz

Reaction score
alright guys, so right now im currently boatless... sold my 14ft flatbottom project last year.. and im lookin to get a new boat.. the house my parents are renting has a 14ft aluminum vhull sitting in the barn.. barn has collapsed like 3times in last 10-13 years, probably the reason boat has never moved. registration and trailor tags are from 99'.. great looking boat nice trailer.. has a mercury 110 on it and im trying to buy this boat as i think itll never see day light again if i dont do something about it...its obviously water tight as its full of water and has been for years... its a hassle to even get to the boat in the barn its in the very back and the barn is probably over 100ft long. tires are flat and i know this thing isnt gonna move with the few hundred gallons of water sitting in it.....

what should i do... i cant find a drain plug for the life of me on this boat and i really want to drain it and see how the rest of the boat looks under the water... everything else is great. nice trailer mercury still turns over so its not locked up, just really ugly and neglected...

I would just use a siphon hose to get the water out. Once the water is out you can find the plug. You should be able to see the plug from the outside of the hull so you know where it is on the inside. If not just a peice of garden hose will get most of it out.

ive checked the whole hull sides, rear and bottom with no success, its gonna be a real pain with a hose to do this.. guess i need to get out in the barn and figure this out

after some crawling around in the barn and searchin i found out that it is a 14ft Feathercraft... thats all i know... and i think im gonna wait on the siphoning or pump for now.. once i can get in touch with the owner of the boat and figure out how much he wants for it... THEN ill start the hard work trying to remove this thing from a half collapsed barn

Driftingrz said:
ive checked the whole hull sides, rear and bottom with no success, its gonna be a real pain with a hose to do this.. guess i need to get out in the barn and figure this out

Why would it be a pain? Just weight the end of a section of garden hose to hold it on the bottom of the boat, start the siphon, and walk away. It should be drained in a couple hours at most.

chavist93 said:
Driftingrz said:

Why would it be a pain? Just weight the end of a section of garden hose to hold it on the bottom of the boat, start the siphon, and walk away. It should be drained in a couple hours at most.

its a pain to actually get anywhere near the boat in this old barn. ill just wait till the guy gives a price before i crawl back in this spider and feral cat infested barn. thats held up with scrap wood and tree trunks. thanks for the help guys..

now when and if i pull this boat out.. how would i go about adding a drain plug?

Latest posts