skeg?????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnfish

Reaction score
can anyone PLEASE help me find a skeg for a 80 johnson 25 hp? i need the skeg but everywhere ive been wants me to buy the whole lower unit.

If ya got any part of yours left this may help ya https://www.basspro.com/Skegshield-Skeg-Guard/product/10200068/-1655585 otherwise ya might have to buy a whole lower unit.

got a message from another site from someone who has one for sale,40 bucks. it does bolt on and i welded mine up thats on there now and its fine but im gonna buy the other one and use my welded one for a spare...ive heard good things about the skeg guards from bps and may get one when i get the other skeg. thanks guys for all the input!!

I've owned a couple of those Johnson's and they never had a bolt on skeg. It's basically the lower housing with the skeg attached. What your going to do is split the gear case and expose the gears. It's not really a difficult job to swap that out as long as your careful.

Latest posts