New Member Introductions!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Live in Upstate South Carolina. Like to panfish mostly, at times I'll trout fish mountain streams, striper and bass fish every once in a while. 1994 Alumacraft 14', 1972 20hp Johnson. Bought(traded out work) from a co-worker after it filled with rain water and sunk. He didnt want to mess with it and let somebody hold on to it for a bit(sold to them but they didnt pay). So I had to repo it for him, then go thru eveything to get it on the water. Oh, the stories of that ordeal, anouther day.

Born in Kentucky, lived there for 18 years, moved to Daytona Beach, lived there for 17 years, now live in Acworth, Georgia about 15 miles north of Atlanta, been here for 6. Working may way back home, slowly.

from & live in Boonville IN (small town), 30 mile east of evansville. My heart is in KY. I lease hunt there (crawford and mullenburg)and the best fishen (stripers) I've did. some day I would love to move there or buy a piece of land by Ky lake or Barkley or Cumberlin river (if the wife would let me) if you know of a buy let me know :D

Had a 12' jon for some years and sold it, now I got the 14' jon. I mainly fish Big mouth small mouth and striper bass-some crapy :)

Everyone in my family loves God, fish, camp, hunt together 8) I believe in Christ and am not ashamed of it, tho sometimes I don't understand how he works :?

for example; I think he wants me in KY :D but, how can you sell and up and leave :?

I live in Canada. Toronto, Ontario to be exact. 20 minutes away from big Lake Ontario. ;)

I used to mainly fish Bass, Crappie, Walleye, Pike and Muskie. At that time I owned a 2003 Lund 1700 Pro Sport w/ a 2001 80hp Yamaha 4stroke outboard. So I started fishing more and more "big water" for Salmon and Rainbows (Steelhead). This started in 2005 and in spring of 2007 I purchased a 6hp 4stroke Yamaha kicker to troll. Then I realized I needed a bigger boat because I wanted to start chartering. June 10, 2007 I purchased my 2008 Lund 1950 Tyee Gran Sport. Waited for Lund to build it and recieved it August 14. To add my sonars and GPS units, trolling motor and other stuff, it was ready to pick up on the 24th. I picked it up on the 24th and fished with it on the 25th on Lake Ontario. I got caught in a thunderstorm so I had to run her back to port and dock her. Lucky I had that 225hp Optimax. I had her up to 63mph to make it safely to shore before it got any rougher and before lightning came. (She wasn't even broken in yet.) I still do my Bass, Crappie, Walleye, Pike and Muskie fishing but with the addition of Salmon and Steelhead in the bigwater.

Attachments

• n714185553_1359026_5234.jpg
    n714185553_1359026_5234.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 4,169
Those Lund sure are nice boats. A little deeper "V" than I wanted as I plan on using mine in skinny water on the Texas flats eventually. Water gets as shallow as 10" in some areas I'll be fishing. 63MPH in a thunderstorm on Lake Ontario, sounds exciting. What kind of waves did you have? I take mine out on Lake Michigan for salmon and steelies but can only handle 3-5 footers for traveling and 2-4's for fishing.

I am from MI, Retired USAF, MI Hunter Ed. instructor, I love to fish for Bass, esp. Smallies. Small lakes are my bag, nice and quiet. :D

flounderhead59 said:
Those Lund sure are nice boats. A little deeper "V" than I wanted as I plan on using mine in skinny water on the Texas flats eventually. Water gets as shallow as 10" in some areas I'll be fishing. 63MPH in a thunderstorm on Lake Ontario, sounds exciting. What kind of waves did you have? I take mine out on Lake Michigan for salmon and steelies but can only handle 3-5 footers for traveling and 2-4's for fishing.
The waves were 2-4 but then they picked up when the wind came hard as I was going into the port. Waited abit and it calmed down after a couple hours and went back out.

dougdad said:
I am from MI, Retired USAF, MI Hunter Ed. instructor, I love to fish for Bass, esp. Smallies. Small lakes are my bag, nice and quiet. :D

Welcome and thanks for joining!

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of some Pig smallies!
:D

Hi guys, I am new to this site, I noticed a few names from other sites and have fished with a few guys on here. Looks like a good group of guys you got and a good place to hang out :D . I am from Phoenixville, PA (down in the south eastern corner of the state).
Dave E.

BIG_DAVE_E said:
Hi guys, I am new to this site, I noticed a few names from other sites and have fished with a few guys on here. Looks like a good group of guys you got and a good place to hang out :D . I am from Phoenixville, PA (down in the south eastern corner of the state).
Dave E.

Welcome Dave!

Thanks for joining! :D

BIG_DAVE_E said:
I noticed a few names from other sites.

OTHER SITES??? Shame, shame shame. I can't believe people would even go to any other site. (mine wasn't one of them was it?) :lol:

Welcome and hope you enjoy it here.

BIG_DAVE_E said:
Dave E.

Just to put a face with the name:

tog_010.jpg

WELCOME ABOARD BIG DAVE E!

Latest posts